• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which found disc surprised you and went in your bag?

I once found an old Champion Orc (The good and flat one) without a name or number on it. I had played for 5 months. It became my go-to driver for the following 2.5 years until I lost it and replaced it with a PD.

I like to remember that disc because I started by throwing it 250 feet and ended up throwing it 400 feet. I would probably still max it around 400 now if I get it back.

Even if they don't have a name and number on it? And it surprises me how many of the discs I've found were like that. I would say 1/4-1/3 of the discs I've found were void of any contact info. It sucks they lost a disc, but there's not much more I can do than test it and potentially use it.

I can't tell you how many times I've left a disc on a previous hole and have to return back and pick it up again. It would have sucked if somebody decided to pick up that disc and basically steal it from behind my back. That's why I always leave uninked discs behind where I found them

I can't tell you how many times I've left a disc on a previous hole and have to return back and pick it up again. It would have sucked if somebody decided to pick up that disc and basically steal it from behind my back. That's why I always leave uninked discs behind where I found them

Ya, but there's a huge difference between someone forgetting a disc on the fairway or in a basket, and someone losing a disc in deep rough.

Admittedly the Renegade was a surprise to me. I didn't expect to like it but for hyzer flips and tunnel shots it's been a good disc for me.

Even if they don't have a name and number on it? And it surprises me how many of the discs I've found were like that. I would say 1/4-1/3 of the discs I've found were void of any contact info. It sucks they lost a disc, but there's not much more I can do than test it and potentially use it.

Always ends up being something i'm not interested in or have already written off as unable to use.

I do have a nice Glow Champion Roc3 that was unmarked........ threw it a few times yesterday while checking out a friends' new private course. But if someone ever saw it and claimed it as theirs I'd be welcome to hand it over.

Found a star Tern at Langan Park in Mobile, AL. I've tried to stop using high speed drivers as I'm perpetually trying to improve my form/control/power but I gave this a shot and really like it. I can't throw it like a pro for sure but it comes in handy on certain holes.

This might be my fave lost/found disc story in my disc golfing career.

I'm a park ranger for the Ludington, Michigan disc golf courses. A few years ago I made a southern road trip to play courses I had never played. It ended in an incredible round at De Laveaga in Santa Cruz. On one of the holes I threw my favorite disc, a 10x Teebird, and it skipped off the top of the basket on the drive and over into a ravine. The locals who saw it said that no one ever is able to find their disc "down there". I looked and looked, and nothing. Bummed. That disc was my straightest most reliable disc in my bag.

Made my way back home to Michigan a few weeks later and just couldn't find a replacement disc. One day while cleaning our park I ran across a disc in the rough. Picked it up, no name written on it, and stamped on the front? De Laveaga Disc Golf Club! Whoah. It was a beat in older Discraft Wildcat, which I had never thrown. I threw it a few times and the thing flew almost identical to my broken in 10x. It remained in my bag for years before finally cracking on a tree hit.

My first year playing, back when I was a one disc man, I would play with a DX Valkyrie. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to throw it. Then I found a Star Firebird. It was in the open, so I looked around for the possible owner, but my buddy and I were the only two people on the course, so I picked it up. Once I figured out that my FH was my much stronger suit the Firebird changed my game by adding about 75 - 100' to my drive, and making it infinitely more predictable.

I played with this disc for 7 years or so.