• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which pro wields the mightiest mids?

jtreadwell

Wizard of Plastic Land
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I've seen plenty of threads discussing the best putters, drivers, and overall, but not much about mids. The question is who in the current PDGA lineup gets the most distance and accuracy with those lovable mid range discs?

This would explain the lack of threads on the subject. Apparently it's an open and shut case.

Will with a Roc; absolutely stunning how far and how accurately he can throw them.

Yeah Will with a Roc no doubt. That guy throws them further than I throw drivers and more accurate then I can putt.

I know there are other guys out there that are amazing with a specific mid, but they can't compete with Will and a DX Roc. He can throw it farther, more accurately and work more lines with it than I could ever imagine. Every time he throws that silver 25th Kansas City Wide Open Roc in the NSDG videos I get a little chub.

You guys love the young guns huh, I'm going with Ron Convers Jr. He shapes lines in a floppy hat, that's OG.

His mid lineup is like a buffet at country kitchen
FLX Drone
Z and D Wasp
X Comet
Z Buzzz SS
Z Hornet

and I bet he's got a Meteor hiding in there somewhere.

Brinster throws a roc with the best of em.

I'd say Nikko. He can make a midrange do so many amazing things.

1990's I would say Darren Harper!! Guy was the master of the Roc.

I haven't seen the above guys play, but i've played some tourney rounds with E-Mac and he killed it with his Buzzz.

Shoestring hands down. MJ's Comets are fun to watch too.

We're talking about professionals here. They all throw midranges extremely well. Saying Will because he throws Rocs really far seems a little silly. He just has tons of power and throws everything really far. To me, being great with a midrange means the ability to shape lines well and throw very accurately in wooded situations.

I think Michael Johanson is a good pick. His Comets are amazing. Some people may know who Scott Papa is, and he is also a midrange master. As far as younger players go, I'd pick Nikko.