• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which Seattle area DGC's are a MUST to play?

InnocentCrook

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Next stop Seattle...

My wife finished her very first travel nursing contract earlier this month. We thoroughly enjoyed living in Northern California for the last 5 months, but it was time for a little change. I did pretty good while I was there, racking up 10 different courses even though the closest one was about a 35-40 minute drive.

We came home to the Cincy area for a few weeks before our next stop which is Seattle (We'll actually be just a little south of the city in Renton). Her contract is for 3 months, but we might stay longer. She flew out there this past Saturday and I'll be leaving by car this Sunday morning.

I've looked through the courses/reviews for the area and it looks like there's a solid collection.

Any Seattle locals have any hidden gems or tips for the area? Courses to play/avoid, good shops, weekly dubs?

Thanks,
Crook

Shops -Chainbangerz in Burien (miles from Seatac and Lakewood)

Courses to play - Seatac, Lakewood, White river, Crystal Mountain (summit/base courses - opens late July), and Shelton. I would also head south toward Portland to play HH, Pier Park, and Milo McIver.

If you check out my public profile, I have reviewed nearly every course in wa and near portland. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks!

I'll be heading down to Portland for at least two weeks in late Aug. for UBI's Bicycle Mechanic classes. (www.bikeschool.com) Possibly an additional two weeks if I can get into one of their frame building classes as well. I'm hoping to have some time to play those exact three courses. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Nice! BTW, HH has three courses on site as well as camping so I would plan accordingly. The short course has the best glow I have ever seen so if you can, stay the night. LL Stub Stewart is not too far away either and is a lot of fun. IF you ever have any Q's about any of the courses, feel free to PM me.

JR S

I'm not a local, but I go up there once or twice a year to visit and play some great courses. Seatac is a must! I still have yet to play a tougher course. Ther might be some courses with a fewtough holes, but as a whole. Nothing has come close to the challenge of this course, it's crazy!
Some others...Kitsap fairgrounds, Daliwood (short, but tough), White River, Riverside, NAD. Crystal Mountain is cool and the lift is running again (at least for the tournament). The only bummer about Crystal Mountain. Is that the ground is so rough (rock everywere!), the only place you can have a runup is the teebox. Fort Stelicoom is nice, but a guide is a must! Milo near Portland is a must and if you can swing it. Dexter Park near Eugene is an awesome course. It's about an hour to an hour and a half south of Portland, but if you'll be in Portland for a few weeks. It's worth the drive for sure!

First of all innocent, welcome to washington! I've only been to a few of the courses around this area, but knowing where you'll be living, there is at least one you will definitely want to visit, White River in Auburn. While in Auburn, you'll want to check out Mando's Disc Shop (East Main St. by the police station).
Hope to see you out on the course sometime.
Kurt

Seatac is a must, I'll echo that statement. Lakewood is 5 minutes from Seatac and from Chainbangerz. Check out my signature. :D

White River is fun too, Terrace Creek isn't bad. Olympic Peninsula is all good; NAD, Fairgrounds, Dalaiwood, Fredrickson, Bud Pell.

Stay away from Mineral Springs (AKA North Park) during the day, place gets crazy busy and there is a good chance of being hit by discs.

I should be getting into town sometime tomorrow night. (Not a recommended drive from Cincinnati, especially in two days.)

Thanks for all the info guys, can't wait to put it to use.

Flying out to Seattle and curious what courses are MUST plays within about 30 miles of the airport. Any locals or anyone who has been out here have any input? Looks like a lot of nice courses are out there!

hahaha Jesse good first 2 posts from being a member for over a year! thanks for the input everyone!

If the wind is from the south, you will probably fly directly over the Seatac course when you land.
Its 5 minutes from the airport, directly under the flightpath for runway #2.

A bunch of us have put tons of hours into making this course more playable this year.
Seatac is the best course in western Washington, hands down, and will continue to improve in the future.

5 minutes drive from the Seatac course is Lakewood DGC.

Lakewood has recently received a makeover, and now features two water holes, as well as incredible new tees and bench's, all in a nice park like setting.
Also, a new DG store has been set up at Lakewood, in the concession stand near new hole #1.

Other local courses worth playing include White River, Ft. Steilacoom,Terrace Creek, and NAD park in Bremerton.

^^^great info and will definitely play Seatac! The biggest thing that matters to me is the scenery and nature/wildlife. Kind of a clippie or clean hippie and have NEVER been west of the Mississippi so this is like an ultimate getaway for me =) any of you locals want to shoot around and maybe help me from the airport to the course?

Check out cefire's and valkyrie kid's reviews. It's been years since I was there, Lakewood was still a work in progress but was looking nice. Ft. Steilacoom and Terrace Creek (great finishing hole) were the highlights for me. If you find yourself near Mineral Springs with an hour to kill give it a try, it's pretty unique and a quick play.

Dude, Terrace Creek. In the coastal jungle in the city. Anything not mowed or trod on around here turns into jungle. Played it a couple of weeks ago and really dug it. track down a local to play with, can be hard to find all holes. We parked at hole one and 2 brothers were getting ready to start, had no problem with us joining them for round. Bring extra drivers, lost one disc and found 2.
I have heard good things about White River from many locals but haven't played. Next to river, supposed to be pretty w/ good course. Have also heard good things about Crystal Mountain. Up on Mt Rainer @ ski resort. If clear day prob worth the drive for the view. 2 courses up there. Keep in mind we are far enough north for late rounds.
Have fun, keep us posted on where you play and what you think. :)

Latest posts