• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who makes the most durable Quad style straps?

ShortBusDiscGolf

Par Member
Who makes the most durable Quad style straps? I'm about to get a Zulu from Voodoo and need something strong enough to carry that many discs plus gear.

Voodoo straight jackets. I've had Phoenix quads and gGa gels and the voodoo straps seem to be build tougher. They are definitely more comfortable and the construction to me seems to be top notch.

My Phoenix quads have been holding up very well for the past 3 years. The only wear i can see in the left strap from when I sling it over on shoulder for short walks. And all that is is a little mushiness, no fraying threads.

I'm not hating on quads I love mine and they are still good after 4 plus seasons. I'm shorter and the voodoo straps are better for the shirt peeps.

I'm 6'4"isn and quads always worked great for me. They held up for 4 years of heavy use (and would still be in use if I hadn't bought a simian). My only complaint was the crappy carabiners they used, but that was an easy fix.

My only complaint was the crappy carabiners they used, but that was an easy fix.

Agreed, those carabiners are garbage. $4 for some decent ones from HD or Lowes and you're all set.

Op, I've been u using my quads for about three years with no issues. Comfortable and they seem to hold their shape fairly well. First backpack straps I've used so I can't speak for any others.

My first set of Phenix Quad Shocks broke on the third hole of the first round I ever used them on:
2013-06-16202817_zps7d4830f4.jpg

The shop I bought them from, Disc Stalker, replaced them right away with another pair of Quads. They've been solid except for the rusting hardware that I replaced, of course. I wished they'd just put better quality rings and carabiners in the first place.

My phenix quads stayed to fray at right at a year. Got some straight jackets and am enjoying the extra padding. They seem to be at least as well made as the phenix

Phenix Quad Shocks are the best straps on the market IMO. I used them for a few years before I got a Grip bag & they worked great. I never had any issues with anything breaking or fraying. I'm 6'2" if that helps your choice being a taller guy yourself.