• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who you taking for the 2010 worlds?

Mustache

Word! That Mustache is bad. The only way he can salvage that look is to pop a mullet on the back of his noggin. That would make the mustache acceptable.

This is the same course Anthon shot a 44 on. If he can finish with 2 birdies he'll have a 45 today.

EDIT: He birdied his 17th hole, so one birdie for a 45 now.

Josh did it! I won't even remind ya'll again....I PICKED HIM TO WIN!!! :) Take that!!! :clap: :thmbup: :hfive:

*Despite the creepy mustache!

You could make a strong argument for that 18th hole being a par 3 instead of 4. When half the lead 2 cards eagle it, and the other half birdie, I think there may be an issue with par. Bummed to see Paul out of the lead.

I agree with par 4s, this isn't a par 3 for all holes argument, I think those arguments are ridiculous. The scoring spread though for hole 18 among the top two cards was a 2.5. I dont think a hole with that scoring spread should be a 4. To me it's a clear candidate for par 3.

What is the spread for the other 90 something open players though?

You forget that these guys aren't human.

I wonder if Failburg will have toe-nail trouble again and "give the tournament" away to someone else. After all, Dave doesn't loose tournaments, he lets others win.

Yea, but GCR has a point, I thought Pars were an average of how a Pro plays a hole, not Joe Smoh! But, I don't know. That's what someone told me about a Par 4 on our course. It's pretty open with a guarded basket and only 480 (#16 at Zeb).

RE: course pars

Remember guys this is a RED course therefore they are RED par 4's, speaking in chuck terms. SO a RED par 4 will be shorter and easier than a BLUE or GOLD par 4. This is very apparent at the courses here at the IDGC, the BLUE par 4's can and do get 2'd by the pros. I know this can be confusing, but RED courses are set up for intermediate and recreational level players from what i remember.

Yea, but GCR has a point, I thought Pars were an average of how a Pro plays a hole, not Joe Smoh! But, I don't know. That's what someone told me about a Par 4 on our course. It's pretty open with a guarded basket and only 480 (#16 at Zeb).

This would probably hold true on a Gold course as those are set up for players with over a 1000 rating. Blue course would be 960 ish rated players "setting par", and RED courses would be 925 and below.

I wonder if Failburg will have toe-nail trouble again and "give the tournament" away to someone else. After all, Dave doesn't loose tournaments, he lets others win.

pwn..... Yeah.... he kind comes off as an ass sometimes (who doesn't) but is probably the best player in the world. I root against him.

That discgolfguy interview at the Japan open was a black eye. Nikko is not my nemesis because he never beats me..... what?

Right and I wasn't even saying Joe Schmo, I was talking the other 90+ guys playing in open at worlds. There are 37 dudes with over 1000 rating, it would be interesting to see the spread among all of them.

You could make a strong argument for that 18th hole being a par 3 instead of 4. When half the lead 2 cards eagle it, and the other half birdie, I think there may be an issue with par.

I think they had an error, they've since updated everyone on the lead cards to 3's for that hole. But with the 17th and 18th producing 16 birdies out of 16 players, I think it's safe to say they should probably make the holes a little more challenging if they want to keep par at 4.