• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

whoops, missed 1st tourney

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I went to the singles ace club tournament in Wellspring in Cedarock Park, NC. Got there on time, but since I'd never played in a tourney before, I had no idea where to go. I didn't see a group of people at hole 1 like I expected so I just went and played solo. Later I found out they started a little later than the posted time so unfortunately I was punctual (for once) and fortunately I was playing like crap anyway so I didn't embarrass myself. Just thought I'd share the story.

That is entirely possible. For a lot of the weeklies or monthlies I ahve found that you really need to know the system. It is a lot easier to do the sanctioned tournament thing. Not to mention that you have to sign up in advance for those. They are a blast though.

The weeklies around here are usually pretty well run. If you're not there by posted started time, you're too late. You'd better be there 15 minutes early to get money in and throw a few discs to warm up. The sanctioned tourneys here though, I've never had to pre-register. The one tourney I DID pre-reg for was basically me telling the TD I'd be there. He wanted an approximate head count more than anything.

Latest posts