• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

why are guys wearing knee high socks??

Mixed Bag Madness said:
I wear Under Armour heat gear socks (I think designed for baseball?) and athletic shorts (usually Under Armour) which is way cooler than pants.

I also wear soccer or baseball socks while playing wooded courses, I wear a couple pairs actually cause they do help against poison ivy, oak and some of the nasty thorns. I also wear basketball shorts (Starter or UA) it just has helped keep my legs free of poison ivy, I play a few rounds last year where the guys in my group who were not wearing socks walked through the same area I did and they all got poison ivy but me. I'm not trying to set a fashion tread I'm there to play disc golf and to say poison ivy / oak and nasty thorn free.

Tim Red Beard said:
Mixed Bag Madness said:
I wear Under Armour heat gear socks (I think designed for baseball?) and athletic shorts (usually Under Armour) which is way cooler than pants.

I also wear soccer or baseball socks while playing wooded courses, I wear a couple pairs actually cause they do help against poison ivy, oak and some of the nasty thorns. I also wear basketball shorts (Starter or UA) it just has helped keep my legs free of poison ivy, I play a few rounds last year where the guys in my group who were not wearing socks walked through the same area I did and they all got poison ivy but me. I'm not trying to set a fashion tread I'm there to play disc golf and to say poison ivy / oak and nasty thorn free.
Here here. Soccer socks were practically made for disc golf. Plus, I just hate wearing pants.

Latest posts