• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why cant disk golf be my real job?

well i am who i am and changing my name is a no go however like the idea to open a campsite with a couple of parks and only charge for camping

Good, cause I'm thinking of changing my name to Huk Discripper. Or maybe Flick Spikehyzer.

i have decided that making disc golf work is a horrible idea because i dont drink when i work

but you could if you disc golfed for a profession ... not like black out drunk but a beer before every holes isnt bad at all ... **** Ron Artest used to take shots of Hennesey during halftime of NBA games

but you could if you disc golfed for a profession ... not like black out drunk but a beer before every holes isnt bad at all ... **** Ron Artest used to take shots of Hennesey during halftime of NBA games

Keon Clark said he never played a game sober, that's commitment. link

Emerald Isle and Sun Valley are both outside of San Diego (oceanside and La Mesa respectiveley). I have not played either yet. From what I hear Snapper is doing his best to keep Morley as the only course in San Diego.

I have heard Emerald Isle is a great course to play (obviously on a ball golf course, which is an experience I would like to try, although I imagine I would prefer a normal course for regular play).

I heard some casual DG'ers were doing doghnuts on the greens and may have ruined cart rental for DG'ers which would serious hurt my interest in playing there (although someone said PDGA members can still rent, so you may want to call ahead)

I don't know much about Sun Valley other than what I read here, although it does have a 3 disc average right now.

I would want a course in San Diego, 18 holes (not sure if Sun Valley has plans or space to expand), fully stocked pro shop, cheap pay to play (similar to Morely), rotating baskets, top notch amenities, league play, weekly doubles, PDGA tournies, ace races, etc. Essentially I'd want a course similiar to Morley, except more space (Morley is a very dangerous course), and hopefully not as crowded with two excellent 18 hole course in the area

If you read my signature, thats my dream,and I'm working on finding the best land now, except it's not in San Diego. I'm trying to do this south of the Border in the Rosarito area. What do you think about this? is is something San Diegans would consider? (open to hearing any Mexico Horror stories anyone may come up with).

If you read my signature, thats my dream,and I'm working on finding the best land now, except it's not in San Diego. I'm trying to do this south of the Border in the Rosarito area. What do you think about this? is is something San Diegans would consider? (open to hearing any Mexico Horror stories anyone may come up with).

I think it might be tough to draw people across the border. Going through customs prevents people from bringing anything illegal to the course, or back from it.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how much time it would take to get back and forth from San Diego to the course, including time to make it across the border. People might prefer to wait longer on the course than to spend extra time driving to save time waiting on a hole (It seems San Diegoians are real used to waiting)

I'm not aware of the safety issues of that area, or Mexico in general, but people will be concerned about that even if it is in a safe area.

The Land might be much cheaper though. If you do build an excellent course that plays to both advanced players, as well as amatuers (more so towards better players as that would be the people more likely to make the trip) people will come. Good luck if you end up doing it. I'd check whenever I go to SD (which should be at least once a year for the foreseeable future)

The passport thing is recent, but it's been talked about for a couple of years now. I live in the area and tourism has taken a lot of flack for the issues of violence over the drug war, but trust me, you'd be a lot safer than in some places in LA or San Diego that I grew up in. Whenever anyone thinks of Mexico, remember: It's not as bad as it seems on tv. I like to hear what people think, though. Anyway. There practically aren't any DGC's in Mexico and I want to plant seeds sometime this year. If all goes well, maybe we'll have a new dedicated course this year. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
I lived in El Paso for several years, and visited Juarez many times. My neighbor across the street was part of a Mexican/Puerto Rican family (the mother was from Juarez), and I went to visit their family a few times. Once you get away from the touristy stuff, the folks in the country are pretty cool.

Good luck with the course farming, I hope it goes well.

Latest posts