• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why does /r/discgolf suck so much? (reddit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always good when someone goes on one platform to complain about a different platform. Want 100 downvotes? Go on reddit to say reddit is toxic.

Last edited:
What was that thread on Disc Golf Review called? The one where they ripped on DGCR and mocked everyone posting here? I think it was called "Those guys over at DGCR" or something like that. DGCR has been on the other side of this coin before.

"DGCR makes me want to bang my head against a wall"

In all fairness I didn't want to migrate here...it was my only real option After DGR. For a while I took it upon myself to police bad information but eventually just transitioned into one of the daily posting idiots.

Always good when someone goes on one platform to complain about a different platform. Want 100 downvotes? Go on reddit to say reddit is toxic.

Oh I've been downvoted into oblivion before I couldn't care less about fake internet points - I've been on reddit for 13ish years...crazy how much that place has changed.

I've been on DGCR for 11 years so yeah I think I have a right to bitch a little about a subreddit that's both new to me and garbage information for new players.

Cheers.

"DGCR makes me want to bang my head against a wall"

In all fairness I didn't want to migrate here...it was my only real option After DGR. For a while I took it upon myself to police bad information but eventually just transitioned into one of the daily posting idiots.
I was on high alert on here for a long time; this place had such a "if it works for you, do it" vibe in the early days that it seemed like every day I was "that" guy..."Don't putt with your Boss". "Yes, you need a midrange". "Learning to throw backhand is a good idea". Just basic, basic stuff. After DGR died and more people migrated over, I started opening threads and found out somebody else had already posted "Don't putt with your Boss". The vibe changed and it's been a pretty OK place to talk about disc golf since then.

well, i don't think she's wrong; when you're 21 there are a lot of things that seem built for/used by old ppl.

You mean DGCR is on an equal footing with

electric can openers
toilet footstools
long-handled shoehorns
hearing aids
reading glasses
electric shopping carts
senior bus service
buttonhooks
meals on wheels
pill organizers
walking canes
Medicare
?

Gads, we're over the hill....:|:\:doh:....but at least we can write literately and read a map. :D

Last edited:

you can go on reddit and say something that is factually truthful and get -100

fake internet points are still fake, and after over a decade both here and over on reddit, they still don't matter

I love when people **** with me/troll me here, don't blame you for making that post, but you didn't have to add my avatar:|

I think Reddit did that. Grabbed the image associated with the linked post and displayed it, which happened to be your avatar.

Was just laughing at r/discgolf this morning when I read the Anthon thread. Look, I get it, Anthon has and continues to (more important imo) make huge mistakes, that in some cases have ruined people's lives (or taken away a life). I'm not an Anthon fan.

Regardless, one comment was something like "he's not a threat to win anyway" and had about 100 upvotes, and somebody responded about how he's almost won worlds multiple times and had about 200 downvotes.

Either the folks over there are that stupid... or they're just new to disc golf, and waaay out kicking their coverage of disc golf knowledge. Either way, it's a great demonstration that they're basically hive-minding whatever they want to believe.

Anthon is right there with Rico and Orum, Schusterick, maybe a couple others, as the best players that have never won worlds. That's a fact, not a commentary on how bad Anthon has and continues to screw up lives including his own.

I think I'll stay over here... thanks. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.