• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why does /r/discgolf suck so much? (reddit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well unfortunately all of my posts were deleted, even though they didnt break any rules.

Perhaps they were inappropriate?

I'm an absolute ******* on this site sometimes but I manage to not get mine deleted. Ask any veteran on the DCGR forums - "Grip can be a dick" will probably come out of their mouths.

Consider the *edit* button before posting...reevaluate and curate what you want to say.

Shrug......yet another incantation of a banned user, spewing attention seeking gibberish, to ultimately go supernova and get banned again? While the fireworks are sometimes amusing, the experience leaves me empty and questioning our education system. :\

He strikes me more as a Reddit troll who got bored of his bridge and wants to try and skulk underneath a new one lol.

Or it's SonicGuy. It's probably SonicGuy

He strikes me more as a Reddit troll who got bored of his bridge and wants to try and skulk underneath a new one lol.

Or it's SonicGuy. It's probably SonicGuy
I tried to introduce DGCR to some college-age people; none of them stayed. The #1 complaint was the "welcome to 2005" vBulletin look of the place. The #2 complaint was our "accuse new members of being old troll alt accounts" thing we do.

Just FYI.

Sometimes DGCR strikes me like an old world library. Its front office is a bit dated and as you navigate its musty passageways you may need a guide. But there is deep wisdom if one takes the time.

/R/discgolf is like an Etch-a-sketch you shake every day. It's splattered with all kinds of splashy content but it has no memory.

The fact that many users won't know what an Etch-a-sketch is dates me!

I do worry about the long run for DCGR just like the forums before it without "new blood." All the new platforms are just about "lookatmenow!"-ism.

I tried to introduce DGCR to some college-age people; none of them stayed. The #1 complaint was the "welcome to 2005" vBulletin look of the place. The #2 complaint was our "accuse new members of being old troll alt accounts" thing we do.

Just FYI.

I must have done something wrong when I started. I was never accused of that. Few other things, sure. But not that. Interesting.

I tried to introduce DGCR to some college-age people; none of them stayed. The #1 complaint was the "welcome to 2005" vBulletin look of the place.

Just FYI.

Call me old-fashioned, but I actually like this. Of course I've been on the site longer than almost everybody else. I'm actually technologically inept, and no, I do not have a reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts