• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why is chartreuse the new shirt color of choice?

The OP belongs in the pet peeve thread.

Also WTF is chartreuse? No man should know anymore than 10 colors. Black, white, red, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, pink, and brown.

Unless you're a man that fishes, then you know all sorts of funky colors

I think its because Pros are snobs, and chartruese is hard to pronounce.
Or spell correctly.

This thread drifted pretty quick.

While I'm at it, here is a link to an actual color survey conducted by Randall Munroe, or xkcd fame. I carry a JLS for which I always describe the color as salmon.

I carry a JLS for which I always describe the color as salmon.

So that would make you a female, right? 'Cause per your post, a guy would just have a pink disk, no? :p

Got a chartreuse shirt as part of a players pack at a tourney back in April. They also had sky blue ones but there were none left in my size. Going up a size was tempting, but I relented.

On the upside I've got a shirt I can wear for night golf.

Unless you're a man that fishes, then you know all sorts of funky colors

the only colors outside of the basics that i know are because of fishing. i saw chartreuse and started thinking bright yellow shirts with glitter...haha...i wanna go fishing...work sucks it.

Also,
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2010-03-01-12bf011b.png
    2010-03-01-12bf011b.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 114
Just a gripe: Since when did wearing a spotter shirt become acceptable for tournament play? We aren't there to stare at you in your eye-raping shirt. We're there to focus on and play hot rounds of golf.

You know something that was even more distracting? Your sponsor bumping tunes and yelling across the course while I was trying to take my putt on Sunday.

Lol i wish it was womans work.,there would somethin to look at all day
Absolutely teasing over the color comment. I know what you mean though. I work with a ton of fat (most larger than my fat ass) old ladies. Not a pretty landscape at all.

So does this mean you'll hook up us members who have shirt ideas with low, low prices? I would definitely take advantage of that!

You know something that was even more distracting? Your sponsor bumping tunes and yelling across the course while I was trying to take my putt on Sunday.

OP complaining about clothing players are wearing while his sponsor is blaring music.....

OP, you've got problems if other people's clothing color choices are affecting you.
Seriously.
Bright colors are popular.
Get over it.
To answer part 1: They aren't affecting me. I step off of my putt, and I wait until the distraction is gone, then I step up - and I make my putt. Period. If I fail to step off of my putt and re-set, then its my own damn fault. I agree with that much.

But to answer part 2: No. I will not "get over it." I will argue my point until my face turns blue. Those colors have one purpose, and one purpose only: to scream "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME I'M WEARING BRIGHT COLORS! NOTICE ME!" - There is a reason that those colors are used by road workers: Because your eye is designed to be drawn to those bright flashy colors! They are made with the 100% intended purpose of drawing the eye to them.

If you're wearing those colors to a disc golf tournament you are being selfish and discourteous. End of story. The colors aren't making me play worse, because I'm perfectly fine with taking my time and getting off of my putt until the distraction is gone. I miss my shots, that is my own problem. I keep my focus on me during the round.

But the fact that people are dumb, conceited, or rude enough to wear these colors to a disc golf tournament is ridiculous. And the people defending them clearly aren't interested in common courtesy. This isn't an issue of me complaining about someone's style. The colors are designed to draw the eye. Why on EARTH would you wear them to play in a disc golf tournament? Give me one good reason to wear a dayglo color in a tournament besides "because I like the color" because that is NOT sufficient. End of story.

^I'm with this guy. I had to Google that color last week because those new Champion Gazelles were offered in it. I'm still not entirely sure what it is even though my girlfriend tried her best to explain it. I just refused to buy it. Screw you Innova. Good thing you still had orange available.

LOL I did the same thing. LOL :clap: