• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why is everyone so caught up in the "search feature"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as an experiment I think we should all agree to stop enlightening people of the search feature for 1 month and see what happens.... for science.

NEW FORUM GUIDELINES #9- Approved by timg

Forum Guidelines
1) No illegal drug discussion.
2) If a thread doesn't interest you, please move along. There is no need to post in the thread letting us know you think it's stupid.
3) Related to #2, purposely trolling a thread or threads will result in a warning with the next occurrence resulting in a temporary ban. Continuing to troll threads after that will result in a permanent ban.
4) If you post about a highly controversial topic (ie. politics, etc.) keep it clean and respectful.
5) If you have a disagreement with someone, it is not ok to post their address, phone #, etc. in the forum.
6) Related to #5, do NOT publicly call out members if you have a disagreement. Handle it over PM, leave them negative feedback, etc. but posting an "Mr. X is a dirtbag" thread will result in an infraction/ban and a deleted thread.
7) No religious discussion. That means no pro-religion or anti-religion topics. Those topics never end well so avoiding them is the best solution for this forum.
8) Multiple accounts are not permitted unless cleared by an admin. Using another account will result in its deletion and a 1 week or longer ban on your "main" account.
9) Posting in other peoples thread about the "Search Feature" will result in an automatic ban for 6 months

I don't really mind a thread being brought up from the past. I do, however, hate when a thread pops up and then a week later the exact same thread comes up again

I just went to page 420something from 11/2008 and there is a thread titled Confused by Par. Timg told the op to use the search thread so the site doesn't get clogged up with multiples. haha. I thought that was hilarious.

Forum Guidelines
1) No illegal drug discussion.
2) If a thread doesn't interest you, please move along. There is no need to post in the thread letting us know you think it's stupid.
3) Related to #2, purposely trolling a thread or threads will result in a warning with the next occurrence resulting in a temporary ban. Continuing to troll threads after that will result in a permanent ban.
4) If you post about a highly controversial topic (ie. politics, etc.) keep it clean and respectful.
5) If you have a disagreement with someone, it is not ok to post their address, phone #, etc. in the forum.
6) Related to #5, do NOT publicly call out members if you have a disagreement. Handle it over PM, leave them negative feedback, etc. but posting an "Mr. X is a dirtbag" thread will result in an infraction/ban and a deleted thread.
7) No religious discussion. That means no pro-religion or anti-religion topics. Those topics never end well so avoiding them is the best solution for this forum.
8) Multiple accounts are not permitted unless cleared by an admin. Using another account will result in its deletion and a 1 week or longer ban on your "main" account.
9) Posting in other peoples thread about the "Search Feature" will result in an automatic ban for 6 months

Hahaha! Funny. So how long do YOU get banned for starting a THREAD about it? There's a reason prerube has a fan club and nobody knows who you are. Prerube is entertaining.

Why are "people" so caught up in the search feature?

It's just one more way of pwning people on the Interweb.

There's a reason prerube has a fan club and nobody knows who you are. Prerube is entertaining.

I can't laugh any louder!!! I don't come to this site so people "know who I am". I like to discuss disc golf related topics and sell my plastic, that is all. Fan club? Now that's the funniest thing I've heard on this site, period.

This is getting fun.:thmbup:

I just went to page 420something from 11/2008 and there is a thread titled Confused by Par. Timg told the op to use the search thread so the site doesn't get clogged up with multiples. haha. I thought that was hilarious.

I trued necro-bumping it, but it said it was an old thread. HOw ARE we suppose to keep to limited threads, when they all get locked afrer a while?

thanks. lol. now I will have to find this "check box" and ill have a new dimension to this site. awesome.

thanks. lol. now I will have to find this "check box" and ill have a new dimension to this site. awesome.

It's at the bottom of the text informing you how old the thread is. It says something to the effect of "I know it's old, and I want to revive it anyway. Quit bugging me!"

Hmmm, if only there were a thread dedicated newbie questions such as "I have questions about Buzzzes and Rocs. Can someone find the pertinent thread for me or teach me how to use a search engine?"

Why is everyone so caught up in the "search feature"? Really....If I wanted to find the information about a previously discussed topic I'll go to the search feature. That's not what many of us want to do. Time goes on, things change, new people come to this site with NEW ideas or old ideas with a new spin.

I have thought the same thing and agree!

With new discs coming out all the time, as well as other things, there are many topics that are worth new discussion. Not additional discussion, new discussion.

I created a thread about losing a disc last week. Obviously that topic has been discussed a lot... but it still got to 100+ relies.. found that awesome. Any forum you go to there's gonna be people patrolling the boards telling others to use the search feature. Just how the internet works.

i said it in another thread.. people here are snobs and only care to let you know that THEY ALREADY KNOW. that being said I always search if I want information, and I certainly dont start threads asking questions that have been covered.

this place wouldnt even move if it werent for new threads and posts covering the same stuff, but im noticing the disc golf forums get extra catty during the winter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts