• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

why we love disc golf

It's free. You meet great people. Great exercise. Great fun. And something about seeing plastic fly as it does in the air just tickles my fancy.

Extremely awesomesauce vids Zen and Star....hippy side and edgy/kickin' ass side (and Casitas certainly has the beauty and challenge; some of those greens would violate the sensibilities of those, who say pins can't be too close to schule....serious rollaway potential as well). This and just about all everyone else said...

Yeah I had been skating since '89. Finally hung it up about 2 yrs ago. Disc golf for me is the same obsession.. it's all about progression. Hey that rhymed.

Damn, I was only 3 years old when you started skating. I don't know how long my body will hold up to it, but I'll do it as long as I can. I try to do more manuals and mini-ramp stuff than huge gaps and stair sets. I try to keep it fairly low impact for what it is.

I got into it because my friend brought me to a course and I got hooked instantly.

why i love it? I didn't have to wait for 19 other guys to play plus an umpire. I played baaseball in college and some tournament softball. Disc golf I can just go out and play anytime.

Someone introduced me to it in Utah. Played on and off for about 10 years after that... mostly off.
Then just randomly got a crew together to go for some quick rounds and for some reason it just took off for me. Been playing every week since and have way more than just one disc now like when I started out.

I have asked myself this question many times. Usually after a real bad drive or a missed chip in putt.

I think the answer is simple. It fits my needs. I love to be outside, even when the weather is extreme, I love to compete, the great friendships, the exercise, etc.

But mostly I just do.

what are those ogres talking about at the end of that vid?

ohhh man, I love watching those DG youtube videos! If ya can't get out there, the next best thing is watching videos of other people playing DG!

Latest posts