• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Montello, WI

Wilderness DGC

Permanent course
4.685(based on 20 reviews)
If you ride a motorcycle don't expect to be able to park with your friends. They do not allow motorcycles into their campground, and because you have to go through the campground to get to the disc golf course parking, they will direct you to park next to the RV dump station outside the park entrance and then walk across the park to it.

To note, at this time, there is nothing on their website or Facebook that states this policy. So after I rode all the way from Neenah (~80 miles) to play a round with my friends, I was informed I was not allowed to park with them. Why aren't bikes allowed? For noise? I ride an extremely quiet Goldwing, they allow much louder RVs and buses into the campgrounds. Not to mention, the very loud 4 wheelers that the staff rip around on all over the campgrounds. Because I was excluded from the same amenities afforded every other vehicle except for bikes, I decided to leave and enjoy a nice ride instead of going discing.

I don't think I've ever seen a business exclude amenities to bikers; if anything, they provide extra amenities to them, like concrete pads. I'm not expecting anything extra, I'm only expecting not to be excluded from parking with my friends simply for riding a motorcycle. It's not a big deal that I expect others to care about, it's merely a matter of principle to me personally, but as someone who is passionate about motorcycles, I'm not going to support a business that excludes riders from the same benefits afforded other vehicles. If you have bikes and enjoy riding, be warned, you'll be parking next to an RV dump station.

If you ride a motorcycle don't expect to be able to park with your friends. They do not allow motorcycles into their campground, and because you have to go through the campground to get to the disc golf course parking, they will direct you to park next to the RV dump station outside the park entrance and then walk across the park to it.

To note, at this time, there is nothing on their website or Facebook that states this policy. So after I rode all the way from Neenah (~80 miles) to play a round with my friends, I was informed I was not allowed to park with them. Why aren't bikes allowed? For noise? I ride an extremely quiet Goldwing, they allow much louder RVs and buses into the campgrounds. Not to mention, the very loud 4 wheelers that the staff rip around on all over the campgrounds. Because I was excluded from the same amenities afforded every other vehicle except for bikes, I decided to leave and enjoy a nice ride instead of going discing.

I don't think I've ever seen a business exclude amenities to bikers; if anything, they provide extra amenities to them, like concrete pads. I'm not expecting anything extra, I'm only expecting not to be excluded from parking with my friends simply for riding a motorcycle. It's not a big deal that I expect others to care about, it's merely a matter of principle to me personally, but as someone who is passionate about motorcycles, I'm not going to support a business that excludes riders from the same benefits afforded other vehicles. If you have bikes and enjoy riding, be warned, you'll be parking next to an RV dump station.
I'm in no way associated with Wilderness, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry that you had a bad experience and missed out on playing here!

The disc golf is now a completely separate entity, with honor system paying and dedicated parking lot/drive in. Motorcycles shouldn't be an issue anymore.