• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Will Brodie Smith be better than Dustin Keegan?

Will Brodie Smith > Dustin Keegan?

• Total voters
I was hoping to find out why Dustin Keegan was the butt of Brother Dave's jokes after reading 8 pages - no dice.

Looking up Dustin Keegan in the web, I saw only evidence of a pretty cool guy for all he does for the DG community, plus he's from Eugene, one of my favorite towns, and, I think he likes Olympique Lyonnais, my #1 football club.

I'm voting Keegan!

Isn't this a long-term joke because Brother Dave didn't have any clue who Dustin Keegan was and someone posted Dustin's In the Bag vid? While Dustin was sponsored by DGCRs most hated manufacturer, Dynamic Discs?

I may be mistaken.

Casey, an AMA thread refers to "Ask Me Anything" and generally used on another non-disc golf specific site, (https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/)
for actors, authors etc to answer questions from fans (while usually promoting their latest project).

So you would make a thread, title it something like

"I'm Casey 1988 and I'm a DGCR legend, AMA"

And then we would ask you questions, that you may pick and choose to answer.

Please do this.

Isn’t this a long-term joke because Brother Dave didn’t have any clue who Dustin Keegan was and someone posted Dustin’s In the Bag vid? While Dustin was sponsored by DGCRs most hated manufacturer, Dynamic Discs?

I may be mistaken.

I thought Quest AT was DGCR most hated manufacture. :D Yep still in buisness look up the only place they sell on Amazon, from time to time new style Champion/Z discs are sold on there.

I don't see why you think he will have trouble with driving. Dude can throw a lid like very few people in the world. It is a very translatable skill. His hand-eye is good enough that he should putt ok from the get go as well. If he has problems I would expect them to come from course management and pace of play.

The guy is a 2 handicap in ball golf and spent several years trying to become a pro golfer....

I'm sure he has some idea about course management and with golf rounds typically coming in a 4.5-5hrs, I doubt pace of play will be an issue either.

Quest is seen more as comic relief, imo. Salient is DGCR's most hated manufacturer.

Oh right sorry, I missed the Sailent Era as I was not playing or looking at new molds in that time. BTW you can still get some of the old Salient Backpack's on Amazon price is very low but not enough to have people buy them, pictures are poor for most of them. Also the few discs that Yikun discs made for Sailent, is still making some of those discs if they had been making the mold for Sailent discs with a simple changing the name.

I never understood the hate for Sailent as again I missed the era.

I don't see why you think he will have trouble with driving. Dude can throw a lid like very few people in the world. It is a very translatable skill. His hand-eye is good enough that he should putt ok from the get go as well. If he has problems I would expect them to come from course management and pace of play.

I see major Foot faults being his downfall in the game with just that little clip in putting that he will do worse on drives not on tee. I do see him cash in his first season in a tournament that is A tier or higher.

Last edited:
A bunch of boisterous overpromising and then underdelivered. Then their customer service rep was as bad as bad can be.

Then they made the mistake of trying to reinvent the PDGA... with Hooter's girls, lol. If you get bored sometime, go find the American Disc Golf Tour thread...

A bunch of boisterous overpromising and then underdelivered. Then their customer service rep was as bad as bad can be.

Then they made the mistake of trying to reinvent the PDGA... with Hooter's girls, lol. If you get bored sometime, go find the American Disc Golf Tour thread...

Somebody attempted the same with the PGA and making a Hooters tour in the 1990's that payed poor if at all in some places and everyone had to use the same exact white ball with hooters logo on it.

No one's over looking that, we just know that doesn't matter when it comes to proper form. Top pros in disc golf are not "strong dudes".

wellllll imagine an athletic dude with good form. Im not sure but i think hes played ultimate for a long time. not sure he can figure out a disc though

Oh right sorry, I missed the Sailent Era as I was not playing or looking at new molds in that time. BTW you can still get some of the old Salient Backpack's on Amazon price is very low but not enough to have people buy them, pictures are poor for most of them. Also the few discs that Yikun discs made for Sailent, is still making some of those discs if they had been making the mold for Sailent discs with a simple changing the name.

Like Brutus said CS was their downfall, plus the owner was on here all the time making bold claims and consistently under delivering.

Of the discs they made two were legit, the Touch putter that Cam Todd designed was basically a Challenger with a Wizard bead, and the Backdraft driver was a like any number of the Destroyer clones from that era. A few runs had very good plastic, but the QC was rough and the prices were high.

The Yikun discs with their stamp were decent, and JohnE McCray actually used the lid(Claws) and the Da'E driver quite a bit in his worlds run the last year before he went to Lat64.

Yikun is actually a pretty decent company and Eric that runs their US distribution is a nice guy. I was selling their discs at that time and I think we all would wish the Salient partnership never happened looking back.

Absolutely. And yes to your second point about the athletes that WILL be taking over disc golf in the coming decades. I'll point to this guy as an example. Sean Tapley, former Division 1 wide receiver from North Carolina, only playing for 4 years and already throws a mile. Athletes like him are the future of the sport, no doubt about it.

Sean could throw a mile from the beginning. He just didn't know where the disc was heading or knowledge of how each disc flew.

The American Disc Golf Tour thread is super-easy to find.

Step one: Go to the Tournaments & Leagues forum.

Step two: Click "Replies". That will sort by most replies and rocket the American Disc Golf Tour thread to the top. No other tournament thread ever got close to the action that one did.

Isn't this a long-term joke because Brother Dave didn't have any clue who Dustin Keegan was and someone posted Dustin's In the Bag vid? While Dustin was sponsored by DGCRs most hated manufacturer, Dynamic Discs?

I may be mistaken.

Is that the one where he said he could throw his putter 400 feet?

Casey, an AMA thread refers to "Ask Me Anything" and generally used on another non-disc golf specific site, (https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/)
for actors, authors etc to answer questions from fans (while usually promoting their latest project).

So you would make a thread, title it something like

"I'm Casey 1988 and I'm a DGCR legend, AMA"

And then we would ask you questions, that you may pick and choose to answer.

Please do this.

Important additions to this - you would post your AMA thread HERE in General Discussion and you have to PM me exactly when you are creating the thread so I can be the first set of questions. It was my original idea and I am by far your biggest fan.

Important additions to this - you would post your AMA thread HERE in General Discussion and you have to PM me exactly when you are creating the thread so I can be the first set of questions. It was my original idea and I am by far your biggest fan.

False! I've been defending this beautiful maniac the whole time!
Co biggest fans?

Stop encouraging this. Many here use this site as informational. While I appreciate the social media trolling aspect, it would only serve as a vehicle for misinformation and untruth. Maybe facebook or some other lame social media platform would be better for Casey to go forth and spew his gibberish.

Latest posts