• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter Discin

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Tried to shoot 24 holes but my batteries didn't make it. Kind of cold and windy but it was a fun round either way.

Nicely done, Mike C, and well played. Looks like you've a well rounded game; solid.
:thmbup:

Well done; thanks for that. My only request would be to be able to see all of the footwork that goes into those drives. I like your abbreviated style and am working on the same. Cheers.

Nice vid and you play a good game. Watching makes me want to get an Ion and Axis right now.

Thanks everyone for all of the kind comments. I uploaded another video of 2nd shots and B-sides. Here's both of the videos embedded for your conveience.

Well done; thanks for that. My only request would be to be able to see all of the footwork that goes into those drives. I like your abbreviated style and am working on the same. Cheers.

I'll keep that in mind next time I go out. I'll try to angle the shot down a bit more so my steps are visible.

------------------------

Does anyone else think it looks like I'm going bald in my videos? Hahah, I swear I'm not.

Another good one and once again the music selection was superb... what camera do you use for these?

I would really like to see you use a much quicker and bigger hip opening on your forehand drives. Your abbreviated motion is accurate but sacrifices a lot of distance. You really want to get your hips much closer to fully open (pelvis pointed straight at the target, essentially) before you release the disc. One drill I use to practice this is to put a belt around your torso and over the upper part of your right arm just above the elbow. Keep it fairly tight and with the belt around you limiting your arm motion try to use a hip opening to power your forehand throw. Give it a try.

I like the vid Mike. And yes, it does look like you're going bald lol. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get an Axis after watching you use almost nothing but that to drive for everything under 400 lol.

Does anyone else think it looks like I'm going bald in my videos? Hahah, I swear I'm not.

A little bit. Do you feel the same way when you walk into Wal Mart and see your dome in the surveillance camera? At the gas station?

It's all good, I can sympahtize. Just embrace it. Shave that **** off homie. IDK if you are single or not but I went from balding to bald by choice and I got a lot more "female attention".

Oh, and you are a beast with sick form. Dick.

Another good one and once again the music selection was superb... what camera do you use for these?

Canon Powershot S5IS, and thanks.

I would really like to see you use a much quicker and bigger hip opening on your forehand drives.....

Thanks for the advice. That's part of what I've been working on lately with forehand throws. I feel like I have the arm motions down ok at this point but the footwork and body positioning just feel so awkward to me. I think I'll watch some youtube vids of FH dominant players tonight and see what all I'm doing wrong still.

Sunny and mid-thirties tomorrow. No work, and all play. Maybe even some scotch on the course to keep me warm.

Winter rounds are great. No one on the course, no vegetation to lose discs in nor iron leaves to hit.

Maybe no vegetation but the snow sure does a good job of hiding drives at times. It's even worse when you're looking for a while as the snow is coming down and by the time you find it, it's nearly covered.