• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter is here....

You're just jealous we get snow days from work and get to play more dg.

Not jealous at all. I will visit the south and that is all. Too many people think the Civil War is still being fought down there. Also, I am happy to not have to be on the road with a bunch of people that have no clue how to drive in a smidge of snow. Oh, wait, I would be the only one on the road because y'all are to scared to drive in any inclement weather. I lived in Virginia when I was in the Navy. Those sissies pulled over during anything more than a light sprinkle. I got pulled over out there during flurries. Cop thought I was going to fast for conditions. Then I showed him my Wisconsin drivers license and he said carry on son, carry on.

Not jealous at all. I will visit the south and that is all. Too many people think the Civil War is still being fought down there. Also, I am happy to not have to be on the road with a bunch of people that have no clue how to drive in a smidge of snow. Oh, wait, I would be the only one on the road because y'all are to scared to drive in any inclement weather. I lived in Virginia when I was in the Navy. Those sissies pulled over during anything more than a light sprinkle. I got pulled over out there during flurries. Cop thought I was going to fast for conditions. Then I showed him my Wisconsin drivers license and he said carry on son, carry on.

Buzz kill, my post was strictly humorous. :clap: Since you harbor a lot of hate though, here's a picture of a panda to make you feel better. Get well soon :thmbup:

Attachments

• panda-2-600.jpg
    panda-2-600.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 30
It's been about 45F the past two days of disc golf for me. I started disc golfing about 4 years ago in my home state of Iowa where it is frigidly cold and I played in the falling snow, hard iced over ground, 20+mph winds, and negative temps all winter long two winters in a row without qualms. But now these low30 high50 days do bother me a bit especially if it's overcast and/or windy. I really prefer conditions around 85 degrees, sunny, and dry. Even these 40 degree temps are forcing me to wear less comfortable clothing like sweatshirts, are making my entire body colder which makes it difficult to warm up and be athletic, my discs are more rigid, overstable, and I never get quite as well of a grip. I'm already missing warm summer days and can't wait for next summer to roll around. Maybe I should move south.

50's about the coldest it ever gets here, at least during the day. We just had about the 3rd bout of rain we've had all year. Only time it isn't DG weather is when we get the silly Santa Anas in here. 50mph+ at Sylmar is not so much fun.

Y'all ninnies talking about winter. Come on up to the northwoods of Wisconsin. Up here its not officially winter until it hits -30 without the windchill and stays that way for three days. We don't lose our snow until June. It starts snowing again in October. You southerners are a bunch of crybabies. Oh my god it snowed a half inch.... Close everything down. Babies.

You know those tears flow both ways. Last week I was playing with a guy from Maine who said the heat was getting to him. It was in the lower 70s and dry.

I'm with the O.P. and enjoy southern summers, which seem to bother some of our guests and immigrants from higher latitudes. It can't get too hot for me.

Played yesterday in 38 degree rain with 20 MPH winds---not a blizzard but not that much fun, either.

sounds about right :hfive:

This cold snap we have is excellent for opening weekend. I'm pretty sure ace pot was cancellled this week due to half the club being in their deerstands, myself included. In fact, that's where I am now! 35 degrees in Texas is darn near perfect.

Just waiting for the last of the leaves to blow off the trees here in New England. I don't mind the cold, it's the wind that eats you alive. In February I played a tournament in RI (yes they have courses in RI). It was not quite 30 all day, and halfway through the 54 hole tourney the snow started falling, and quick. By the time I finished I had half a foot on my car, a bad score, and 3 hours of treacherous driving back home.

I prefer winter like courses (no leaves, easier gaps) with spring temperatures. In New England that NEVER happens. Welcome to winter.

When I lived in AZ I use to laugh at all the Winter coats out when it was 55 degrees, I was still in shorts and short sleeves. Perfect weather and everyone else is cold. Ya Southerners are a bunch of wimps.

Ha, I'm waiting on someone to chime in "You northerners are a bunch of whimps! Down here in Antarctica we play in constant darkness during the winters and -100 degrees with wind chill." Seriously guys, drop the talking crap and chill out a bit. We all like playing disc golf.

Parka weather here today highs in the upper 60's. Yes, there are people actually wearing coats

I prefer playing in the Summer as i love the heat and sun. But i was out on the first tee this morning and the temp was 26° with 40mph wind gusts. I ended up playing 36 holes because i dress accordingly and i love playing disc golf.

It was snowing here the other day. I've got an 8am tee time tomorrow....it'll be about 33 when we hit the first hole, and we'll be cracking beers. That's what real men do.

50º and sunny is heavenly playing weather.

And that's what we did this morning. Tee-time temperature was 28 degrees.

The temperature is only going to drop and we'll be out there all winter.

You guys who put the discs away at 50 degrees or below are soooo soft.

45 minutes since I've posted about playing in under 50 degree temps and no comments.

My suspicions are confirmed:

YOU ARE All HUUUUUGE PUSSIES.

That is all. :D

I play every Tuesday with two other buddies in the winter we don't care what the weather is. We walked threw 3 ft of snow for a month

I'll be playing all winter, yes that's mostly in GA but I'll be in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota and will play there too if there is light/the courses okay night rounds.

I'd have to say here in ND we get some dandy winters, and we're one of the only states thats had snow every month of the year. This last year was awesome though, snow gone by middle of March (bismarck) and haven't had anything close to snow yet this year. Played yesterday in 63 degree, and next weekend we'll be playing in 30 degree. No such thing as bad weather, just bad preparation! But I'll be playing all winter, just carrying an extendable broom and doing more standstill throwing.

Latest posts