• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter is here....

Ugh. Winter is when you have to bring your discs in from the trunk at night so they are nice a pliable when you get a early morning round in. Yesterday was in the low 50s and I had to play with cold plastic. /southernwhining/

Up here I do the opposite.

When playing a snowy round it's better to keep them cold. Snow doesn't stick to them as bad.

It got so cold in Florida this morning I had to put socks on. Thats right SOCKS!

:hfive:

All winter, all Wisconsin here. :D

I hear that! I'll PM you for a round of I come to the Milwaukee area, I'll probably be in Eau Claire and the surrounding area for the most part though.

we just take out our hatred for our climate and ****ty states on you southerners; we're jealous and hate where we live. don't take it personally.

I friggen love winter. Blanket of snow on the ground, crisp air, complete solitude on the course. I don't know if anything makes me happier than showing up to a completely vacant parking lot for a solo winter round.

The right gear makes a huge difference. Thin warm layers, thick socks, and waterproof boots.

I have family up by Saint Cloud, Minnesota. They say that there only two seasons up there: Winter and Mosquito....

Looks like big snow is coming. 5-11" on Monday. I don't mind cold weather, actually enjoy it, but I hate losing discs in the snow. Fk you SNOW, Stay AWAY!!!

Wisco here as well and all winter long as well. Best part is in my area beyond the few that I have gotten to go with me, NO ONE plays the courses here in the snow. So it's nice and easy to find your discs when there are no tracks in the snow.

You are all lucky bastards. It has already snowed about 8 times up here in northern WI/upper MI, and the forecast calls for mid 20's for a high, as well as upper teens later on in the week. My home course is taken down for the season, and there will be 20 foot high plus snowbanks within the month. I'm stuck inside, away from disc golf till March at the earliest. :( *CRIES HYSTERICALLY*

You are all lucky bastards. It has already snowed about 8 times up here in northern WI/upper MI, and the forecast calls for mid 20's for a high, as well as upper teens later on in the week. My home course is taken down for the season, and there will be 20 foot high plus snowbanks within the month. I'm stuck inside, away from disc golf till March at the earliest. :( *CRIES HYSTERICALLY*

That's when I go into retail therapy mode.

I'm originally from New England myself and tho I'm not crazy about the cold I can deal with it. The thing I like least about winter is only having 8 or 9 good hours of daylight a day. It's still dark when I leave the house in the mornings and dark again before I get home in the evenings. If we get crappy weather over the weekend I may be a two of three weeks without seeing any appreciable sunshine.

Latest posts