• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

with winter coming?

wear lots of layers and go to the course and play. that's what i'll be doing. or get a portable and set it up in your yard, basement or garage and work on your putting. or put together a mini course.

Fold up camping chairs in the living room. Somebody on here suggested that, and it's great putting practice. Down here we'll be playing all winter long. Our highs just dropped into the high 70s, and we're all wearing jackets .. lol

I try to play in the winter, but I really don't enjoy it. Too friggin' cold here. What I do is hang a tarp from the ceiling in my garage, and then I take bungee cords and hook the 2 lower corners to some shelves so that the bottom edge of the tarp is like a catching basket, so I don't have to bend over to the floor to pick up my discs. I go out 2-3 times a week to keep my arm in shape. This winter, I'll be working the Beato drill like a madman, so next year I'm sure I'll be throwing 350' consistently. :D

you can buy a basket for your yard. SIDE NOTE: I was wondering what would happen to a disc that was left under the snow for the winter?

cali

yeah, cali sounds nice. but you guys don't have ice fishing, snowmobiling, or as many natural freshwater lakes. and i'm glad i'm not in fear of busting off into the ocean and living on an island lol.

Dude, lotsa layers, maybe a cannister of hot soup, some good gloves, a few handwarmers and a good pair of boots. :thmbup:

Excepting a down-time of 6 weeks while rehabbing a shoulder injury, I played 2-3 times (my normal amount) every week the entire winter last year. As long as your course doesn't see tons of traffic, it's almost easier finding your disc in the snow than in the summer. Just look for the long slit where it enters the snow.

Playing in the snow is fun the second time you go. (The first you have to shovel the tees and shoveling always sucks no matter what) After that it gets old. Regardless, I will be out there all winter and will probably lose a dozen discs and find a dozen others.

yeah, cali sounds nice. but you guys don't have ice fishing, snowmobiling, or as many natural freshwater lakes. and i'm glad i'm not in fear of busting off into the ocean and living on an island lol.

actually Tahoe is very close for the fishing and snowmobiling, unfortunately they take the baskets down @ kirkwood. And if the big quake comes, the Sac valley becomes beachfront property.:hfive: lol

Yes. Go play. :thmbup:

no joke. what the hell kind of question is that?

dig up all those dark and tye-dye discs you didn't want to lose in the fall and get throwin'. (for snow anyway.)

oh, and buy a big box of Hot Hands while you're at it.

Last edited:
Winter usually never slows me down. I am out there nearly as much as I am during the summer. However this year I think I am going to take a little break and just not play as much. There are just a few courses within my house and I have played them to death so the excitement will not be as great there. I am getting a little burned out to tell the truth. It took nearly 3 years of playing constantly, year round to get to the point where I need a little break.

I like to play at least 1-2 times a week just to keep my form good and to stretch out all the muscles needed so i dont pull anything once spring pulls around and i start playing all the time. another cool thing is that my club has a winter indoor putting league once a week to replace our doubles leagues.

I actually can't wait, I love the cold for some reason. my only concern is whether or not the courses around me take out the baskets

Obviously we don't get too much snow in Atlanta (snowed twice last year) but the only time I quit playing it was like 35 with 20mph wind and that friggin sucked, by the second hole I couldn't feel my hands. I played 3 holes and left.