• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Wizard/magic gateway craze

i chose the wizard over the aviar because of the feel of the disc in my hand. mainly underneath the rim of the disc. the aviar has some filler there where the wizard allows me to feel like i'm gripping the disc better.

for me, my beat aviar flew as straight as my beat wizard. i chose the wizard as my main putter due to feel.

Last edited:
I started playing about 2 years ago and tried a few mold before I settled on Wizard and Magic. I purchased 2 x-out magic and one x-out wizard and instantly felt in love. The price is extremely good and the grip is amazing. I practiced in the rain and I think the grip is even better when wet...quite amazing in my standart. The magic feels very good in my hand. They are quite thin ans fly very straigt. Also, I find them to fly incredibly straight on jump putt around 50'. The wizard is a good driving putter but I don't find them to have a lot of glide, which I like for putting, off course.
I'm sure they are a lot of great putter out there, pure, anode, ion, but for me, the feel of SS magic and SS Wizard has sold me for a very long time.

On a side note, you guys say I can get a deal directly with them? How so and how many putter/disc do I have to purchase to get such deal?

I started playing about 2 years ago and tried a few mold before I settled on Wizard and Magic. I purchased 2 x-out magic and one x-out wizard and instantly felt in love. The price is extremely good and the grip is amazing. I practiced in the rain and I think the grip is even better when wet...quite amazing in my standart. The magic feels very good in my hand. They are quite thin ans fly very straigt. Also, I find them to fly incredibly straight on jump putt around 50'. The wizard is a good driving putter but I don't find them to have a lot of glide, which I like for putting, off course.
I'm sure they are a lot of great putter out there, pure, anode, ion, but for me, the feel of SS magic and SS Wizard has sold me for a very long time.

On a side note, you guys say I can get a deal directly with them? How so and how many putter/disc do I have to purchase to get such deal?

5 for $40 or 10 for $70, and that's delivered to your door. Send PayPal to them with your disc requests and voila. [email protected] :clap:

Don't know how to edit, but not sure about that to Montreal, just noticed that. Call or email to be sure.

Loved voodoo's but couldn't get them soft enough. Now these RF2 wizards i have are more os than im used to but the plastic is awesome and when im dialed in im making putts i haven't sunk regularly before.

Definetly a confidence thing too with the reliable fade of the wizard i know if i chunder a little im not gunna be to far for the rebound putt.

Loved voodoo's but couldn't get them soft enough. Now these RF2 wizards i have are more os than im used to but the plastic is awesome and when im dialed in im making putts i haven't sunk regularly before.

Definetly a confidence thing too with the reliable fade of the wizard i know if i chunder a little im not gunna be to far for the rebound putt.

Pretty sure they said they are starting RFF runs of Voodoos and Warlocks in a week or so. I picked up 3 RFF Wizards and they are awesome.

Someone must let me know when they get those voodoos! i want a bagillion! in reality that means like 3-5

I throw all discraft except when i comes to my approach/driving putters and main putter. Wizards all day baby! ! ! !

Anyone have any oldschool like this ....holla

dd9ecfb0.jpg

Back when the Wizards first came out I putted with them for a little bit.They felt great in my hand,but they would always drop too soon and it felt as if I had to put twice the effort to get it in the basket.

I tried working with them,heck I still have 8 of them here in the closet,but It was no KC Pro Aviar.So yeah I went back to my Aviars.

Some people can make them work(one of buddies) and some cannot.I was one who couldn't get it work.

I carry 4 in my bag and have 4 more,soon to be 6, at the house for the practice basket (a couple more G9s, a glow, a Evo, and two more super softs on their way to add to the stack). I started playing with Wizards and they have been perfect so I haven't ever tried anything else. I love the variety in plastics so I can get ones that are exactly what I want. I can have the same mold but still cover a very wide variety of shots. That is probably my favorite aspect of Wizards.

I have a soft that is my OG super beat understable driver/long approach and long chain runs, 2 super softs one being my main putter for the time being and one for straight drives, and I keep a G9 in the bag for wind putts and stable driving duties.

I tried a Wizard for a while. I kinda ran into the lack of glide thing, though. They were really nice to throw, and felt awesome in my hand, but I never could get them dialed in very well. In fact, all of the copycat versions as well (ridge, focus, ion), they all sorta lack that extra glide. On the other hand, I watch people do some AMAZING things with wizards, so...face...to me.

i actually just threw them and putted with kc pro aviars for the longest time. forgot the KCs one day and never looked back! then again i'm the weirdo with the crazy pic of 70 plus wizards.

I used to be a putt and approach chains aviars putter (then they got too expensive) so I switched to dx aviars, but since 2006-2007 it's all about the SS Wizard - great putter

I love the wizard/magic combo. A SSS magic for putting, medium magic for turnover approach shots, G9 wizard for off the tee drives, and a RFF wizard for when I need the disc to hit and stick.

I push putt and use the magic, I have small hands and like the shallow rim. I'm not going to say they are better than aviars, but i like putters hard as a rock and can find magics i like for 9 dollars instead of dropping 100 on a 10x aviar.

I don't know what it is, but I do enjoy the Wizard. It just feels right I guess. I picked one up after a friend had suggested I try one, and I've had one in my bag ever since. I do use a couple other putters, but the Wizard is my go to disc for most close up shots. I've even used one of mine to play catch a couple times and it has worked pretty well.