• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Woodsboro DGC in MD getting a full 18!

Geremy

Fredrock Disc Golf club has already began expanding this 9 hole course. We will be eliminating some holes, expanding some holes, adding holes and we will have 3 tee pads per hole with multiple pin positions. The 'new' 9 has already been laid out, and is playable with temporary baskets. We are currently funding the baskets ourselves and our 2 or 3 baskets away from placing an order. The original layout is still in play also so there is a lot of options if you head out there

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1442882392880.jpg
    FB_IMG_1442882392880.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 26
Original baskets and tees are still in place and playable.

Construction hat tees are in theory/under construction at this point and are not playable

Use caution on the fairways that are yellow, these are being roughed in and there are plenty of little stumps throughout that you can trip on.

New tees are marked with flags, green tees are marked with green flags, red and blue with pink flags.

There is a trail going into the woods to get to new hole 5. It is directly to the left of basket 4 (old basket 5).

When you finish new 5 follow the trail out by the basket and take a left

Hey Geremy thanks for the update. I need to get out there. Is the new 9 in the woods?

Hey Geremy thanks for the update. I need to get out there. Is the new 9 in the woods?

Yes it will be in the woods, and some holes will be eliminated such as hole 3, 6, possibly 8 and hole 9. Hopefully in the next couple weeks we will be able to place our order for 9 new baskets, it all depends on if a couple more sponsors step up. Right now all of the original holes are still in place and the new holes are being played with temporary baskets.

Gonna go play it tomorrow. Looking forward to checking it out!

Right on, I hope you enjoy it! If you're on Facebook then join our group, Fredrock Disc Golf, and I am sure someone would join you to show you the way. Otherwise make sure to download the map to your phone to help you along your way.

Me and Steve Minnick measured out the holes with a wheel on Tuesday, here's the results:

Attachments

• woodsyFootage.JPG
    woodsyFootage.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 14
Sweet deal, I may see you out there then. Gotta try to get off work early

New map with work being done for the back 9, (indicated by orange lines).

Oh, and thirtydirty, hold off on making that bridge, we may change that hole to where your throwing up it instead of down. Steve can fill you in. Not that we won't still need a bridge, it'll just be in a different place

The front 9 is now 100% playable for all the tees, still using some temp baskets though until we place the order.

Attachments

• WoodsboroMapv8back9-1.jpg
    WoodsboroMapv8back9-1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
And my old stomping grounds used to be Pier Park before there was a course there. I grew up in St. Johns, I really love that park now!

This site now has an up-to-date map, pars, and distances. Check it out if you haven't already.

DG Review link

Also, there is a workday this Saturday at 10am. There will hopefully be a full 18 to play if we have enough help to set pins.

Latest posts