• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Way to Lose a Disc? (or three)

TylerBrown2

I was on the road for work and decided to bring my 3 favorite discs to grab a round in Kentucky. Found a nice open place to play, seemed like little chance to lose a disc playing solo.

About 10 holes in I launch my buzzz into the only patch of deep woods in play. Right into deep leaves, not to be seen again until Spring. Pretty bummed I finish playing the round and head to the car. I am freezing and soaked in sweat (it was 30 degrees). I set my other two discs on the top of my rental car and change quickly. Dive in the car, crank the heat, and drive away.

When I get back to my hotel room I realize I forgot the discs on top of the damn car. Star Teebird and a Soft Banger GT. Lost my 3 favorite discs in one round at a place that i thought would be impossible.

Anyone have some lost disc horror stories? Thought it might be an interesting thread.

I did the same thing with one of my favorite hoodies after a tournament. Put it on the roof and forgot it was there as I drove away. Thankfully, one of the guys that I play league with saw it happening. He tried to chase me down and was able to recover it for me when it fell off.

Yup, left one one hole 5 at Coachman in Clearwater last year. Put my old Comet on the bench and left it there for someone to have. I worked out that it was gone when I was back in North Carolina a few days later.

Sucks man, I have left a putter in the last basket many a times, but 3 discs would be hard to take. I'm sure your story isn't the worst though, I have heard of ppl leaving their whole bags on the course.....doh!!!!!!:wall:

i'd have to say any time you leave it, realize it two holes later, go back to get it and it's gone.

other than that, any time you dye a disc realize your chances of losing it skyrocket. that, for me, is the worst way. it's also why i haven't dyed for quite some time . . .

and even better, i dyed my disc and then i left it on the top of my car just like you did . . . thankfully i retraced my route as i realized it was no longer with me and found it in the street.

While warming up for my first tournament I lost my best turn-over driver in the leaves when the player's meeting horn went off.

i'd have to say any time you leave it, realize it two holes later, go back to get it and it's gone.....

That happened to me this summer, I was two holes down and realized where I left it. I turned around to go back and the guys on the next hole back were like was that your disc with bh on it? I was like yeah, thanks. They then told me they left it there, since only our club was there, like 30ppl I figured someone would pick it up. I was like really? you didn't pick it up...whatever, I'll get it later. I have another round to go anyway. I couldn't find it next time around though.

After the rounds were over and ppl were getting cash I asked around and nobody had it. I think someone bagged it and stole it, bc no one else was there but our club that I saw. I was pissed, I know it was my fault, but dubs it's easier to forget your disc, you get in the moment and take your partner's disc. I guess I should have had the better drive and it wouldn't of happened, but super lame all the way around.....especially when it's someone from your club.

i'd have to say any time you leave it, realize it two holes later, go back to get it and it's gone.

What about when you realize at the tee of the next hole and before even throwing. Turn around, go back to get it and it's mysteriously not there after less than 2 minutes?

I've left dozens of discs behind that way (changed my mind about what to throw, and didn't put the rejected disc back in the bag).

I've left my entire bag behind after league - more than once.

But, those don't count, because there are so many nice players around here I've gotten all of those handed back to me.

The way I lose discs is when I'm practicing putting - indoors.

1. New Year's Day round. Several beers. Throw 2001 USDGC CE Roc as a mullie on #17. Forget you threw a mullie.

2. Selah Ranch - Lakeside. Several beers. Final round of trip. Ace #11. On #18, last hole of trip, throw long anhyzer that lands safe. Throw mullie with ace disc. Hit first tree [pictured below] and bounce into lake.

6cc4943b.jpg

Losing discs at home, because you're a lousy housekeeper.

Finally found my PDGA new member Storm the other day while decluttering.

I lost a putter while putting in my garage. I am pretty sure it rolled down the driveway and into the street because I cleaned out my garage last month and never found it.

1. New Year's Day round. Several beers. Throw 2001 USDGC CE Roc as a mullie on #17. Forget you threw a mullie.

2. Selah Ranch - Lakeside. Several beers. Final round of trip. Ace #11. On #18, last hole of trip, throw long anhyzer that lands safe. Throw mullie with ace disc. Hit first tree [pictured below] and bounce into lake.

3. Sitting on deck. Several beers. Decide to go out front and throw putters over house to basket in back yard. Get putter stuck on roof. 2 weeks later it's gone without a trace.

Threw a drive with my favorite/perfect champystar Eagle. Saw some guys struggling to pull a disc out of the river, and went over to help them get the disc with my disc diver. Realized I was running late and needed to get back to work, and forget that I left my Eagle on the fairway. Never saw it again.

Reverse karma.

I have a small row of pine trees <10' tall at the back of my yard. In ONE summer of fieldwork in my yard, I somehow have 2 discs somewhere in those trees. No idea how...but they are GONE.

I can find my drive when it is 20' up a 40' pine tree on the course....but somewhere in the few small pine trees in my yard and its gone. :wall:

I did find one of my extra putters just last week in those trees that had been MIA in a tree for ~2 months. Nice and easy to see....no idea how I couldn't find it before.

Not myself but a buddy of mine drove to the course with me and was going to leave with another friend as they were staying later than I was. He had some backup discs that he typically doesn't throw in my car and I realized this so I texted him that I would leave them in a plastic bag hidden behind the front tire of their car. A bad idea as i guess someone checked out what was in this bag and stole a total of 5 discs what bulls***!

Attempted to tomahawk my favorite Discraft Flick over some trees at my local course and it lodged into the very tip top of a dead tree. When I say lodged, I mean it submerged into the rotten wood about halfway in. We shook that dead tree for half an hour. The disc was in full sight but was unreachable...It stayed up there for a full 9 months and then one day it was gone. Most annoying disc golf hole EVER for nine straight months...

My favorite "lost" disc is the one where I threw a champ wraith, during a night round, on a beautiful line to settle in fairway. When I got to the disc, it was stuck in the middle of some brown dookey, and not puppy dookey. Walked away from it proclaiming "FREE DISC" to anyone who was nearby.

People always ask me how I knew it was human and not another animal. The answer is easy...

...tp

Latest posts