• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Would you dare throw this hole?

tampora

Eagle Member
In Fargo, we've also had our share of rain lately. The 5 courses in town are totally submerged, except for this one hole. Would you dare throw it?

To get an idea of the water depth, here's a horrible video of the teebox as it usually is.

And, here's the hole as it currently stands. It's 342ft and the river is usually not visible from here.

970042_10200427944756642_1189747004_n.jpg

1016816_10200427944996648_1729890307_n.jpg

I just noticed you can see the top band on another basket in the last picture.

Wow, I'm sure sorry to hear about the flooding. I spend a couple weeks in Fargo a few years ago, and really liked the area. As far as playing near flood water, no thanks. God only knows what lovely little bacteria are floating around in that stuff.

Sure, a fresh z stalker thrown just right of those two trees straight ahead should land right on the little green pathway. Wizard for the upshot. Then I get in my Ferrari and drive home to my castle in the clouds.

I think I'd throw an unmarked Dragon, and let someone 400 miles downstream deal with the consequences of finding it.

Is the basket somewhere in the second pic? Is the tee to basket shot?

Do you mean to say the first pic? If so, yeah. It should be visible, but the glare from the water and the two middle trees are masking it.

No. If it was part of the course normally, I would, but too much risk for such little reward in this particular situation.

Then again, if I had a crap disc and did not mind losing it and adding to all the junk also swept up by the flooding, maybe one shot for the sake of trying would be in order.

Most likely this just calls for a road trip to try out a new course that is a little drier.

To be fair... hole 1 is playable at Trollwood too ;~)

Most likely this just calls for a road trip to try out a new course that is a little drier.
Getting so tired of this water. Hit the road to play Hidden Lake, Millstream and the Alexandria course yesterday just to get away from this mess. Can't believe we have to deal with this in July.

Last edited:
In Fargo, we've also had our share of rain lately. The 5 courses in town are totally submerged, except for this one hole. Would you dare throw it?

Are you saying that you're going out to disc golf ONE hole!?

Addiction is one thing, but futility is another. Gather all the portable baskets you can and create a course somewhere nearby.
Oh, I forgot---its Fargo. There's nothing out of town[away from the river] but empty plains. :|

Addiction is one thing, but futility is another. Gather all the portable baskets you can and create a course somewhere nearby.
Oh, I forgot---its Fargo. There's nothing out of town[away from the river] but empty plains. :|

You didn't say make a GOOD course :)

Sure, a fresh z stalker thrown just right of those two trees straight ahead should land right on the little green pathway. Wizard for the upshot. Then I get in my Ferrari and drive home to my castle in the clouds.
Basically, that's how I end every round.

To get an idea of the water depth, here's a horrible video of the teebox as it usually is.

And, here's the hole as it currently stands. It's 342ft and the river is usually not visible from here.

Rendezvous park does not flood. I'm not sure why you would even bother going to Trollwood to play 1 hole that isn't even that good when it's dry lol. You could drive 20 minutes and play 9 holes that are dry. OR you can play 1 hole and risk losing discs. Kind of a no-brainer imo.

With only one hole in town to play? Yeah, I would play it. Probably wear board shorts in case I needed to go swimming for the disc.

Rendezvous park does not flood. I'm not sure why you would even bother going to Trollwood to play 1 hole that isn't even that good when it's dry lol. You could drive 20 minutes and play 9 holes that are dry. OR you can play 1 hole and risk losing discs. Kind of a no-brainer imo.

I wouldn't consider Rendezvous park as being 'in town'.

Latest posts