• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Wysocki's Instagram Stories ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, judging by some of the comments I've seen around over the years, a lot of people probably think he had escaped a cult when he got away from DD/Lat64... but apparently he had just found a new one...:|

He recently got a new jesus cross necklace and asked what we all thought of it. So looks like his protocol isn't working too well so he has turned to alternate forms of healing.

I wear a little rifle pendant necklace to remind me of the sacrifice made by Jack Kennedy, but I still take my *&%# antibiotics.

As the game continues to professionalize (if that's actually what is occurring), the disc sponsors like Innova should probably play a bigger role in articulating expectations regarding health care and treatment for players they sponsor, and especially the big contract players. I'm no expert in contracts and such, but I can't imagine Innova being happy about him being sidelined, especially if (and it is an if) he is not seeking sound advice that will lead to recovery.

Great point by Orioles_Lefty on Innova's stake in this matter. We spectators may want what's best for Ricky, but he doesn't owe us anything. But Innova actually does have a vested interest in his health and, y'know, survival.

They should send Drew Gibson to put Ricky in a headlock and shove some antibiotics into his mouth, for goodness sake!

Why are so many people being total asses here? Ricky may not be my favorite person in the world, but I sure the hell don't wish Lyme on anyone.

Ricky is a grown man, let him make his own decisions. It's his health.

Hmm, seems to me Ricky has agency over his own actions. Why do you want to take that from him? Are you some sort of God? Should we worship you? Oh my.

not one person here said they wish Ricky would get Lyme
not one person here has tried forcing pills down Ricky's throat

so what the hell are you talking about?

people are making these comments because it's hard to watch someone throw their life away because of stupid ideological positions. religion ought to be ridiculed when it results in undue suffering. Ricky is making extremely, demonstrably poor decisions in this situation. he has absolutely earned the negative feedback.

Everyone is armchair quarterbacking here. What do we actually know, from Ricky himself, as of today. I don't have FB, IG, or any of that crap, or I'd look this up myself.

Everyone is armchair quarterbacking here. What do we actually know, from Ricky himself, as of today. I don't have FB, IG, or any of that crap, or I'd look this up myself.

What do we know?
Jesus would have survived the crucifixion, but he kept taking antibiotics for bronchitis.

no, we're not

it's no great mystery (pun intended): Ricky has Lyme and is not treating it with antibiotics. you don't need to have social media, most of his posts have been reposted in this thread. it's clear that he chose not to use antibiotics from his own and Simon's statements.

Best case scenario is that Ricky is getting proper medical treatment but, for whatever reason, is reluctant to post about it on social media.

What do we know?
Jesus would have survived the crucifixion, but he kept taking antibiotics for bronchitis.

giphy.gif

A prophylactic antibiotic dose is recommended for Lyme prevention. If you want to waste 2 or 3 hours of your day every time you have a tick on you to go to urgent care or your doctors and answer the same questions go for it. Personally I'm going to save myself the time and just take the antibiotic myself.

The only thing he had wrong was you don't need to take it for ticks you found and removed the same day, since it takes 24+ hours for them to infect you.

If you read all the posts I put up you will find that bit of info in there as well. Thanks for the vindication.

Agree.

DO NOT LISTEN TO PEARLYBAKERBEST. He is NOT a doctor, and he does not know what he is talking about.

How do you know if I am a doctor or not? Seems like you're the one who doesn't know if what they're posting is true. Recommending people follow cdc guidelines for a prophylactic dose of doxy is far from bad advice. Like dg_player said, if you wanna drive in your car,wait in line and then shell out a copay to get a single dose 2 pill script from an urgent care doc every time you get bit go ahead. My doctor has no problem with writing me a supply of doxy so I don't have to.

How do you know if I am a doctor or not? Seems like you're the one who doesn't know if what they're posting is true. Recommending people follow cdc guidelines for a prophylactic dose of doxy is far from bad advice. Like dg_player said, if you wanna drive in your car,wait in line and then shell out a copay to get a single dose 2 pill script from an urgent care doc every time you get bit go ahead. My doctor has no problem with writing me a supply of doxy so I don't have to.

Cool story bro. You certainly are not a doctor. No doctor would go around telling people on a DG board just to take some antibiotics if you think you got a tick bite. Let me just run down a few reasons why this is idiotic advice. MOST people don't live where Lyme disease is even an issue. Only certain types of ticks carry the bacteria that can lead to Lyme disease. Over use, and incorrect use of antibiotics adds to the problem of antibiotic resistant bacteria. Part of the CDC guidelines includes getting a diagnosis from a medical professional not some jackoff on a DG board.

Status
Not open for further replies.