• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

X-outs and factory seconds?

I use innova X-out Ontario Star Rocs. They are great for dying except when they are x'd out, they use a ball point pen and that stays after I have dyed the disc. My X outs, since they are dyed, are the coolest discs in the bag!

My xouts are just as good or better than the normal discs I throw. I have a xout Champ TeeBird and a xout Star Destroyer with a double stamp. From what I hear they are tournament legal too.

I just recently picked up two X out discs. The only thing I could find wrong with them was there was some bubbles in the rims of each disc. None of them were on the surface. I was able to pick up some champ plastic at cheap prices. I am a fan of saving money. Now for all those people asking if the bubbles would effect flight. If it doesnt create a change in the surface tension of the disc why would it create a change in the flight?

What about this "factory second" stamp? I haven't seen this elsewhere or on this site? Any insight if this is as typical as the stamp with the BIG X? For some reason I was thinking this was a sidewinder but I don't know why I think that. I can try to figure that out. Anyone else familiar with this stamp?

factorysecondstamp.jpg

What about this "factory second" stamp? I haven't seen this elsewhere or on this site? Any insight if this is as typical as the stamp with the BIG X? For some reason I was thinking this was a sidewinder but I don't know why I think that. I can try to figure that out. Anyone else familiar with this stamp?

factorysecondstamp.jpg

Yup. I've seen it, in fact, I have it. FWIW, I'd rather have this one because it's easy to remove, which I have done to clean the disc up.

I've seen several Innova discs that haven't been through the stamping process that are X-outs. No noticable specks or defects. What are wrong with those?

And then I see the Champion plastic with the bubbles for sale that are good. I guess those are still in spec. It does make sense that each disc is weighed individually. Maybe if they get one that weighs a lot less than the others in a certain batch, it has a large void but is sold as an X-out. Just a thought.

I dont' mind X-outs. I'll use any disc as long as it does what I want.

Last edited:
has sunkingdiscs site always been such a visual clusterfark?

good god.

Personally, I've never had a factory second or x out that flew any different from regular production discs for me. Most of mine have had flecks or bubbles, and they really don't seem to do anything to the performance of the disc, just the aesthetics.

I think I might have more X-Outs than regular discs. I like how you get the off-weight Star stuff in X Out. Like I saw a 180 Star Mako today and awhile back picked up a 167 Star Gator. I got an orange swirlie X Out Beast Recently that had simulated tree marks on it already... Must have been a machine rubbed it wrong.