• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

X-outs and factory seconds?

Just recieved my *FACTORY SECONDS* from DGC. 1 orange 162 & 2 purple 163. they are perfect in shape...no warps or even bubbles. All they have is a couple of very small black specs, which can't even be seen unless put up to a lite! Raining today "here in Las Vegas", so i'll have to wait till tommorrow (weather permitting) to try the lighter one. Again THANKS GUYS, becuase if i did'nt find this sight i would'nt have found these disc's so light or so cheap!!:)

X-Outs?

What are X-Outs and Double Stamps?
INNOVA X-Outs are discs with minor imperfections that do not meet our quality standards. These discs may be discolored, have specks, bubbles, hot stamp defects or other cosmetic flaws. They still have the same flight characteristics and are legal for use in PDGA tournament play.
Double Stamps are normal discs that carry two or more hot stamp images due to errors in the hot stamping process.

-This is directly from the FAQ page from Innova.

-I was wondering if anyone who has bought x-outs has had any problems with them? I don't really care about what my disc looks like so as long as it flies properly. It'd be nice to save a little money.

-Don't you think bubbles would affect flight characteristics?

I throw several X-Outs and don't see any difference. I get them because they are cheaper and normally have smaller stamps on them so they are good for dyeing and such.

I have on old QMS X-out that I have played with for the last year.
It's my go-to disc.
Who cares what it looks like.
Most discs that the pros play are so worn and beat-up that you can't tell what it is.

There is no difference in the flight. The only reason they put x out on it is because there is an imperfection. The discs fly just fine and you can get them even cheaper

Some of my favorite discs are the 07 champion Ontarios that I got. They are all double cannon stamped and have nothing wrong with them except little specks of dirt or something in the plastic. The double cannon look better then the regular cannon in my opinion

Some of my favorite discs are the 07 champion Ontarios that I got. They are all double cannon stamped and have nothing wrong with them except little specks of dirt or something in the plastic. The double cannon look better then the regular cannon in my opinion

I've seen one of those. Who wouldn't want two cannons over just one??

They've always flown as they should for me. I had a fact. second champ Orc that was massively more stable than I thought it should be though. It finally broke into a decent disc.

Half of the discs in my bag are x-outs. It's pretty easy to figure out which disc is mine when i know it has a big x on the of it. I haven't noticed any difference between throwing x-out discs vs non x-outs. I like it because I can get a better grade plastic for the price of the lower grade.

I have an X-out Champion Leopard with a few small bubbles down inside the plastic. It's more stable than my normal Champion Leopard that the park gnomes got, but otherwise it's fine.

Alright, I'm convinced. Not only will I try some x-outs but I'm also gonna try some discraft. I found relevant thread that was very intriguing courtesy of our friend billnchristy... I just left a new post on there so anyone that hasn't should check it out: it's the one about discraft misprints.

X champs are pretty good in my experience. I have a x sidewinder that acts a little funny, but its a great overhand get out of trouble disc. My x teebird flies as sweet and pretty as do all teebirds.

they are magical

They are great for dying and cheaper. If you have no problem with the tag or a small imperfection then get one.

You would think bubbles would affect the disc flight, but they really don't. I guess a small bubble doesn't do much. The black specs you get sometimes have no effect either, and I love double stamps or mis stamps because they are usually perfect discs and got messed up in the next step. I saw a Monarch with a Rhyno stamp, that was funny. All of that to say that X-outs are great and I love'm, even made some of my best shots with them because I care a lot less if the disc gets wet or lost.