• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] X1 Driver

I only used that line because I think a Pa4 is pretty understable. Though I think a Pa5 would be really cool, probably not for actual putting, but as an approach disc Or for youth/ams.

I love the hell outta Pa4's tho. I have too many....looking to sell 2 unused ones 1 400 Black (sweet dyed) and 1 SE Gray . both awesome, i just have plenty of pa4s

You want to trade for a D1, D5 or M4? I'm looking to try a PA4.

I dont get that way of doing it. X1, X2? They already have 1,2,3,4 etc signifying the STABILITY. So if X is gonna be OVERSTABLE, then 1,2,3 etc is going to be the speed/distance? That will be dumb, I use my M3 as a straight mid but my X3 as a SUPER OS Mid????? They should stick with what I wrote up top. Don't confuse, make it smart and simple....so dumb

**and to answer....I use a 400 Pa4 and 400 Pa1: 300 SE if it is wet (the SE plastic grips better when damp)

Pa1 (especially 400) can handle power. I throw mine with solid power and a good release and it flies like a buzzz, basically straight a little bend to the right and almost always fades back softly. Pa1 is great for approaches with nice lil fade. I love the Pa4 400 for straight to understable approaches of course. and angle of release will just adjust whats going on. Hyzer release Pa1, hold the whole way, Hyzer release Pa4 Flips straight maybe bends understable and holds straight. Anhyzer Pa1 and it holds and flattens out straight. Anhyzer Pa4 and it holds completely. I am a fan of those 2 discs for all my short range and control stuff. I now am mainly putting within 30 ft with the Pa1 as it cuts a little bit hyzer and so itll stick the chains (my Pa4 often would hit right of chains and bounce out) It all depends of course. Uphill putts I use Pa4, Downhill will depend on the look, but usually Pa1. Wind=Pa1, etc, etc you all know

Where are you getting that the number that goes with the X models coordinates to speed? I think you made that up

Where are you getting that the number that goes with the X models coordinates to speed? I think you made that up

--Its what this guy told me. I didn't make it up. And its not a confirmed thing either. I just hope its not like that
#34 Report Post
Old 05-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Ideal Lineup (coming from me, of course)
That looks pretty good, except I think instead of D0, H0, etc., they are doing X1 through X4 or 5. I would also add the PD to the list of discs similar to an H2. Oh and a Firebird is not a fairway driver, it's a speed 9, so I think your idea of H0 would be a Firebird (or in actuality it's probably the X2)

I see more discs in Thomas's furture... and a two line bag sig:rolleyes:

Nope, I just have all the speed/distance ranges and all the stabilities that I want for my game.

No more discs will go into my bag....but I may replace a slot...ie: if the X1 is great, maybe take out the Stiletto...

I have my short stuff and mids the most because those are the areas I want to be precise. as for Speed 7, I have Understable, Stable, Overstable, speed 9 Understable, Stable, Overstable, speed 11 US, S, OS, Speed 13, US, slightly US, slightly OS, and very OS.........I really like my lineup and find ways to get places other ppl dont because each disc is just a little different in stability.

I know my ranges, once I pick my speed/distance range, then I pick the stability.....I dont just have a bunch of random discs....this is a set that helps me master the course.....so dont hate ;) :p

If it's not like...Stiletto stable, I dont know what Prodigy is doing. They need Overstable discs.

But I'm always excited to see whats next.

Saw a video of Will throwing one on Instagram and it really doesn't look that overstable...

Saw a video of Will throwing one on Instagram and it really doesn't look that overstable...

Looks more over stable than a D1. Those things flip bad in a headwind. He threw it into a 20 mph headwind and it didn't turn over.

Let's keep a few things in mind from that video.

1.) He's throwing into a 20 mph headwind.
2.) He's throwing with Will's level of power.

I'd say its pretty damned overstable. For mere mortals, it's going to be a meathook.

That doesn't quite look like 20mph headwind to me but for what it is I was imagining nukeOS or stiletto. This looks more like a Z force

--Its what this guy told me. I didn't make it up. And its not a confirmed thing either. I just hope its not like that
#34 Report Post
Old 05-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Ideal Lineup (coming from me, of course)
That looks pretty good, except I think instead of D0, H0, etc., they are doing X1 through X4 or 5. I would also add the PD to the list of discs similar to an H2. Oh and a Firebird is not a fairway driver, it's a speed 9, so I think your idea of H0 would be a Firebird (or in actuality it's probably the X2)

I suppose they could do that. Not sure if they will. Imo, it wouldve been easier to use the 'U' prefix, ex U-D, U-M, U-Pa. Then they could still add numbers if they came out with more than one utility mold in each series