• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Xmas for everyone

Js73

Bogey Member
Okay it's been a while since we've been on here but I thought that others here might like this idea. How many discs do you laying around that you'll never play with again? A Glide? Groove? Hehehehe. Ever wonder what to do with all that plastic? Sure you could try Ebay or Craigslist for a little extra cash but why not support and try to promote our sport? Think about it. My girlfriend came up with a great idea, cross off our numbers on what we'll never throw and bring them out to one of our courses to purposely lose them. I would've been stoked to find a TM2 Pure on top of a random basket saying "Keep it, Merry Xmas". Champion Crapova right off the box in the bushes. A GL Halo that should've never been bought laying right by the basket. Somebody will pick it up and you know what? Smile for that brief moment, give it a shot, and actually might learn a thing or two about their swing. Just saying. Anyways, spread the joy this season :clap: Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas!

4z37aBG.gif

Sounds cool, Ill lose one of mine. Only problem, people will be getting not so favorable discs. You know, the ones people don't really throw regularly, that's the only drawback I see.

Usually when I find discs in the shrubs or creeks while looking for my own bad shots I leave them on top of the nearest basket.

I'll put a Sharpie in my bag this month to put a message on them.

A few months ago I wrote "free disc, good luck!" and hucked it on a course.

It was a Quarter K II a friend had gifted me and I found to be toxic.

Otherwise I have course given away a few DX Aviars this last year to enthusiastic youngsters.

We randomly "lost" 20 today including a 1st run Ghost. Every one had merry Xmas keep if found on it : )

A few months ago I wrote "free disc, good luck!" and hucked it on a course.

It was a Quarter K II a friend had gifted me and I found to be toxic.

What course was that? I love my KII and I need a back up!!

Cool idea about the lost xmas discs.

I've been giving out "Christmas presents" all year via discs I lost unintentionally. I'm sure that will continue next year.

I really don't feel I am "promoting the sport" in the process.

Yeah I'd rather "promote the sport" by talking to people who are curious about what I'm doing, and give useful discs to people who need them.

I'll second the "Go Hawks" though. I'll be there tomorrow night. Club level. Right on the 50. We've got a decibel record to set.

Yeah I'd rather "promote the sport" by talking to people who are curious about what I'm doing, and give useful discs to people who need them.

I'll second the "Go Hawks" though. I'll be there tomorrow night. Club level. Right on the 50. We've got a decibel record to set.

He'll ya b mart you better collapse a lung from screaming!

NAD park in Bremerton WA. Throw far everyone!

I'm curious as to how you lost 20 discs at nad park. That has to be one of the easier courses to find plastic on and it's all in the short pin position. Unless you really shank one on a few holes it's pretty clear and open. Now if you said fairgrounds then I would've understood but nad, that's a ridiculous amount of missing plastic.

My buddy and I each have a trunk full of non throwers that we will give out to kids or new players. Lotta wizards and leopards... Kids always ask us what we're doing, we give them a wizard and watch them throw... Then we move on. Johnny frisbeeseed.

I'm curious as to how you lost 20 discs at nad park. That has to be one of the easier courses to find plastic on and it's all in the short pin position. Unless you really shank one on a few holes it's pretty clear and open. Now if you said fairgrounds then I would've understood but nad, that's a ridiculous amount of missing plastic.

I'm pretty sure that "lost" is an exaggeration. They were leaving them behind on purpose. But you're right. If they purposely left 20 discs on that course that said "Merry Christmas", there would be one or two people who would walk away with 20 easily found discs. That's one hell of a Christmas. If I were doing it I'd drop one randomly on, say, hole 12 on Monday, then another one on Thursday on a different hole, and so on. That way you can spread the love more evenly.

Latest posts