• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your "Best of" List

hey, I feel true stable discs are the best for golf. I just usually want one or two discs that arent ;-)

and seeing the fuse as your favorite disc I believe you feel the same.

Stable driver : Orion LS

Overstable driver : Avenger

Midrange : Z Buzzz

P&A : JK Aviar

Best distance driver: Pro Destroyer

Best overstable/stable/understable driver (fairway and up): PD

Best mid: P-MD2

Best driving putter: ION

Best putting putter: stiff Medium Wizard

Thatdirtykid said:
hey, I feel true stable discs are the best for golf. I just usually want one or two discs that arent ;-)

and seeing the fuse as your favorite disc I believe you feel the same.

I know you know. I carry 2 molds from that list and I'm still learning this game. Flippier molds are better for me right now because I learn faster and my FH and BH forms are clean, even though I don't hit it (BH) yet. When I do (even half-hit it) my bag may change a little towards that list.

Frank Delicious said:
Best Disc that deformes so quickly it is hardly worth using: Banger GT

I love this disc but damn I wish that I could play for more than a round without the flightplate getting all bent and deformed.

Seriously though.

Best Overstable Driver: Z Avenger I second the overstable butter comment

Best Stable Driver: Eagle I love throwing this disc so much

Best Midrange: X Buzz So nice and straight

Best Midrange into wind: Z MRV Overstable but not overly so. Fights back just right

Best Putter: JK Avair X This disc is the best of all worlds for putter for me. I can drive, approach and putt with it. Although I am getting in a cryztal Challenger so that might take over as main driving putter.

lol, wth?

Overstable: PD (moderate), Pred (very)

Stable driver: I still love the eagle so much

Best Mid: Comet or Roc (fuck da buzz) I miss the MRV

Best Putter: Wizard (although I still like the JK)

I picked up an MRV this weekend. really wish this wasnt an OOP disc. better than any beat roc I ever threw. doesnt go quite as far as a roc, but glides well. I am going to try this setup in my test bag: Mako, MRV, Buzz, Champ Roc.

best of list:

overstable: predator
stable: eagle
mid: roc(despite my new love of the mrv and buzz)
putter: wizard

I like to copy frank, or maybe we just know whats what.

Chililist:

Max D - Surge
Overstable - Pred
Stable- Teebird
Mid - D Challenger
putt - D Challenger

I haven't tried everything out there but I've auditioned a lot of different discs for my bag and my opinions are:

Best Stable Driver: Opto Striker
I can throw one better than I can throw a Teebird. By better I mean, able to shape nicer lines with more distance. A disc I really trust when I need to throw 300' or more and shape a line.
Honorable mention would be a worn in X Predator. I've got a lot of these and for a period of their life after being moderately overstable they age into a disc that for me was/is highly controllable. The reason they get HM and I'm moving away from them is they are of course, OOP, and because after enough wear they've started having too much high speed turn for my taste and I can't trust them as much.

Best Overstable Driver: Z Predator
Well any Predator really, but the Z's have been my most trusted. I assume pretty much everyone knows the Predator and what its about. But the reason its my choice is because it always does its job. For me the job of my go to overstable disc is one that I can throw all varieties of hyzers as well as force it over for a flex shot and be confident in what its going to do and be able to vary the distance. Nothing else I've tried has been more dependable and accurate at peforming those duties than the Predator.

Best Stable Midrange: Z Buzzz
Nothing to say here than everyone hasn't heard or read a hundred times before. Its put me in position for birdie more than any other disc and what I always turn to when I need a safe throw or get out of trouble.

Best Putt and Approach: D Challenger
Very predictable and in my opinion the perfect amount of overstability. Once worn in I find them to hold true to their line from start to finish. Its the putter I'm best able to "float" at the basket for a possible throw in and make accurate upshots with.