• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your FAVE Course Signage???

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
We all have seen the likes of nothing in signs to greatness and originality. Wondering what your fave signs are, maybe even links to pics.

This little college course in Cleveland, WI has one of my fave and what I consider some of the best signage around.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=1498&mode=gal#

view_image.php

Deis Hill, Dover, OH.
Brand new signs have photo, drawing and even a hole nickname mounted on a color-coded post (RWB).
3 per hole when finished.
For signage afficionados, Deis Hill is must-see !

We all have seen the likes of nothing in signs to greatness and originality. Wondering what your fave signs are, maybe even links to pics.

This little college course in Cleveland, WI has one of my fave and what I consider some of the best signage around.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=1498&mode=gal#

view_image.php
Those are probably the nicest signs I've seen on a course yet. Unfortunately, the signs at the courses around me have all be vandalized, bent, pulled up and thrown in the lake, etc ruining any chances of the park district putting in anything close to as nice as those...:(

i agree Tom, those signs are top notch. the signs at the two courses near me are pretty much gone due to vandalism. but the other markers on the course are pretty decent.

Course bias aside, I'd have to agree with the signs we have up at LTC. They've barely faded in the few years they've been in the ground, and we were told they would likely stay that way for quite some time.

I'm also a big fan of the signage at the Highbridge courses (see my photo of BH #15), although they employ a bit more simplicity in their design. It's not really important to me to know the nickname of a hole, unless it's a signature hole I'll remember forever.

BTW Tom, thanks for waiting to post this thread until I actually went to the course profile and uploaded JPGs of the signs for each hole (and new photos)! Those old photos didn't do it much justice...

I can't say strongly enough how useful good signage is when playing a course for the first time. Both of the signs posted are great. What would be even better would be to add some reference distances for points on the fairway. Either way those signs are great.

if your talking about tee signs i prefer short 4x4 posts sawed of level so when you want to play with just a couple discs you can stick the ones your not throwing on top or if your playing with just one you stick your beverage up there.

The main reason i like the post is they arent a visual distraction and stay out of the way when cut low enough so that your not worried about hitting it plus why do i need a picture im standing right in front of the motherfu--er

if your talking about tee signs i prefer short 4x4 posts sawed of level so when you want to play with just a couple discs you can stick the ones your not throwing on top or if your playing with just one you stick your beverage up there.

The main reason i like the post is they arent a visual distraction and stay out of the way when cut low enough so that your not worried about hitting it plus why do i need a picture im standing right in front of the motherfu--er

Haha, easy killer. Most good courses will place their signs at the back of the tee box or even further back (like the CMC course I mentioned above).

I do agree that having something in your throwing line or peripheral vision could be distracting but I've yet to run into that.

Those signs are SPECTACULAR!

Yeah, they did a real good job with the design.

Unfortunately, they recently put new sign posts in but for some reason it has taken weeks to affix the actual signs to them. So right now those beautiful signs are either sitting on the ground, on benches or even missing.

Kind of bums me out.

Zen those are nice signs. Looks like they really thought about what they wanted to do.

Best I've seen yet is on a course that isn't even finished. Creekside in Archdale, NC. They have these cool innova signs that tell you something new each hole, like how to grip, or how to throw...all that good stuff. Other than that I would have to say Luther Britt in Lumberton, NC has some damn good signs.

wow. I love all of these signs! The picture ones with the yardage and trajectory are so unique too. The Idlewild ones are pretty spectacular too.

I love the nice Houck signs like at Idlewild. I've seen those a couple other places too, and they seem to hold up really well.

Latest posts