• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Your favorite disc(s) that you DON'T bag

hugheshilton

* Ace Member *
I think we all have discs that we really love throwing, but that, for whatever reason, don't quite fit into our standard bag setup. So let's hear everybody's favorite un-bagged discs. Here's mine:

Pro Pig - Currently out of the bag because I'm using Rocs for all approach/short drive duties.
XT Colt - Same as Pigs.
Sirius Scorpius - Such a sweet distance driver that I don't quite have the arm to throw consistently.

DX Beast. Such a sweet flier. Innova had to ruin it.
Plasma Envy. I only bag one putter, and the Ion is not going anywhere.
Plasma Anode. See above.
Pro D Zeppelin. Maybe one of the purest discs in the game. Still don't understand why it didn't make production.
Proton Matrix. To be honest, I'm too attached to the Axis, and they are very similar. But what an amazing midrange it is.

Oh man, this describes about half my closet.

Ones that come to mind first are: pro Pig, Stag, Teebird, Sword, Valk....

But the number one disc that I am not bagging is a Harp. I've been using the Berg/Gator combo and although things are working out pretty good, it's still hard for me to understand not having a Harp in the bag.

Great question.
Off the top of my head, and mostly still field thrown now and then...

A pair of ch TLs
A pair of neutron Amps
A bevy of flat top ce and jk Valkyries
A hoard of various buzzzes
A pack of meaty drones
A flight of Sirius long fades

I enjoy throwing these regularly, but they aren't in my usual bag:

X Comet
VIP Stag
X Mantis
Lucid Convict
Opto Anchor

There are a lot;

Ape, Phase, Fireball, Ahti, Tachyon :-(, Moab, Tyrant, Scale, Envy, Swan 2, Yao, Jun, Da'E, Gui.

And probably more.

*Vikings (Champ & DX; with Volts in the bag...)
*R-Pro Roc (An early purchase, it was the first and last black disc that I bought. With a Shark and Vector in the bag...)
*King Cobra (This is so similar to the Star Shark that they are interchangable for me. Sometimes the King Cobra is in the bag, and then the Shark is the favorite that is not there.)
*FR N Volt (Pretty much not in the bag because I don't want to lose it or beat it up on the rocky courses, which is dumb, but....)
*Resistor (Lost the one I had for several years. I have a back up, but haven't pulled it out of storage in favor of using another favorite that I have 3 of, the Elite-X Xtreme.)
*Katana (My original Blizzard got too beat in to be dependable, and I disced down before pulling the backup out.)

Forgetting..

Virbram VPs. ... If I could commit to forceful putting out to 60' into the wind and improve fh approach, I will bag again and more proper along side a Sole and a Breaker.
Z Forces ... a staple of my field bag forever. High 160s nice, but so much overlap in main bag.

(Want to kinda add Comets, but I am so sold on my simple mid setup of DX Roc and a Meteor (and a low powered Leo3) covering that slot and more)

Last edited:
I really like Yeti Aviars, but don't bag any because I putt with Wizards. Will occasionally switch out the Wizards for Yetis when practice putting.

Also love my champ Valkyrie, and could potentially use it for many shots I cover with Teebirds, Sidewinder, and Wraiths, but it usually stays in the car.

Although I am completely happy with my all Trilogy bag, and have all slots covered:

I miss

#1 Jokeri, greatest, most versatile ,driving/upshot putter of all time IMHO
Esp Comet
Buzzz OS
R Pro Pig
Gstar Tbird3
Gstar Wraith

Drones; Like throwing them in field work, but in a round, I never seem to use them
Leopards; Have been replaced with a Gazelle cycle
Teebird; Like Eagles better and have the Gazelle
Valkyrie
Sidewinder

I think we all have discs that we really love throwing, but that, for whatever reason, don't quite fit into our standard bag setup. So let's hear everybody's favorite un-bagged discs. Here's mine:

Pro Pig - Currently out of the bag because I'm using Rocs for all approach/short drive duties.
XT Colt - Same as Pigs.
Sirius Scorpius - Such a sweet distance driver that I don't quite have the arm to throw consistently.

Don't you bag destroyers?

There are so many good molds out there. I'd have to say:

Envy - Such a great do it all disc, great for 1 disc rounds
Anode - Really awesome straight flight. Great for learning proper form
Roc - Currently throwing buzzes, because I don't play enough to cycle through rocs. Otherwise the Roc is king
Wizard - One of the best all around putters IMO. I like the Rhynos feel in my hand better.
Challanger - Same as Wizard
Eagle-X- Not enough space between my Firebirds and Teebirds. But If I could only play with 1 Fairway mold it would be an eagle.
Destroyer - Too inconsistent between plastics and runs for me to reliably bag. One is a meathook, the next is straight.

If I played more often my ideal bag would consist of:
Wizard Cycle
Roc Cycle
Eagle Cycle
Destroyer Cycle
and 2 utility discs like a firebird and drone or mortar

Various drivers in base plastic. For instance, DX Teebirds are great for throwing in a field, but will get mangled quickly if thrown on the rocky courses in my area.

I remember reading that the Leopard was made to be thrown in DX or Pro plastic, and that it just isn't the same in Champion or Star. Well, this likely means I will never be playing rounds with Leopards as they were designed.

Don't you bag destroyers?

Haha I know that rumor has gone around before but I don't believe it. Having owned a dozen or so Scorpiuses and even more Destroyers, they are slightly different. I'm pretty sure the Scorpius shares the Destroyer's wing but uses a different top/bottom. It's noticably a little deeper than a destroyer.

I prefer to carry no more than 10 or 11 discs, so learning to throw sidearm caused a major bag shake-up:

DX Roc: Love it for backhand, but I cannot get a clean sidearm release on beaded midranges.

Comet: The perfect pairing with Rocs; not so much with faster, non-beaded mids.

Warlock: Probably my favorite backhand driving putter, but similar to Roc, I could not throw it cleanly sidearm. Also the sharp rim occasionally caught on the pad of my finger when putting.

DX Teebird: Probably responsible for half of the best shots I have ever thrown, but it drives me nuts when a disc changes flight during a round. Did my form change? Did the disc change?

Champ Leopard: Paired so nicely with Teebirds.

Star Valkyrie: Served as my distance driver for years, but now it is a 'tweener: slower than I want for a distance driver, and faster than I want for a fairway driver.

Latest posts