• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Favorite Home Course Hole

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=3230&p=bf42bfc9

Hole #9 - Armco White - Ashland, KY

The reason that it does not look like 268 ft. is that in the picture the basket is in the short placement. The long placement is well past the utility pole about 40 feet (I think). I enjoy the challenge of keeping out of the road to the left and staying away from the rough on the right, it is a pretty narrow fairway around the basket.

hole #3 (Long) Glen C Hilton Park - Hickory NC
Its like 315 foot up hill par 3 to roll away central. Hit an early tree and you'll be lucky to par. Scores here range from a bomb 2 to a tuck your tail and walk away 6er. Hardest hole on the course IMO.

Attachments

• 48e942b8.jpg
    48e942b8.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 28
Home course, eh? Well... I guess it would have to be hole 8 at Willow Stream park.

9626119f.jpg

Now you guys see why I travel to play disc :)

Hole #12 at Charlie Vettiner

Love this hole because it is a nice straight down hill tunnel shot. The tunnel is fairly tight and the basket is on a hill so you can take runs at the basket. Also, there is a mando to go through the tunnel (no going over the top) and the drainage holes at the bottome of the hill are OB.

Tee:
29bb2ead.jpg

Basket:
4475a991.jpg

A bunch spread across three courses in town but I picked one hole that I always enjoy playing.

#9 at Jones Park West Course. It's not long, at only 280 feet, it's not a dogleg or any sort it's right at the hole, but it's deceptively harder than it looks. You must keep your shot low and beneath all the tree limbs along with a dead straight line. If you go right with full foliage you'll hit an iron leaf and not have a chance at a 2. It's the type that rewards a good shot but will slightly punish you if you screw up in any way.

a27661d8.jpg

Hole #12 at Charlie Vettiner

Love this hole because it is a nice straight down hill tunnel shot. The tunnel is fairly tight and the basket is on a hill so you can take runs at the basket. Also, there is a mando to go through the tunnel (no going over the top) and the drainage holes at the bottome of the hill are OB.

Tee:
29bb2ead.jpg

Basket:
4475a991.jpg

Yeah, that's a fun shot to be sure but similarly would be #1, and with it you've an ace op.
My personal favorite at CV, which I consider my home away from home (more rounds there than anywhere), is #3.

My home course is Vastwood Park with #16 being my favorite: ~370' downhill w/ 30-40' elevation change; fairway narrows as you approach the pin; OB road on left; rough ravine on right.

Aviar gets the birdie.

From the tee
and from basket attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 15
Hole #7

Hole #7 Barkley Hill, my home course. 120' Ace run, perfect shot is through the Y in the leaning aspen, hit that spot and you'll hit metal (or wood as a pine basket usually sits there). Also this is right off my front porch so you can grab a beer from the cooler, hit the restroom and throw a piece of wood in the firepit behind the picnic table. Then playout the remaining 14 holes. The view is great.

Yellow discs should not be thrown on this course! Same color as tennis balls.

Attachments

• hole 7.jpg
    hole 7.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 25
  • hannapf.jpg
    hannapf.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 24
I played this course on my way to Wakarusa.. it was in june, it was 100 or more degrees. Half way through two of my friends quit because they felt like they were about to have heat exhaustion.

I kept going, got to this hole and there was a Latino fella standing at the picnic table off to the right. I throw my TL, park the hole and the guy starts clapping and cheering... I'm glad I finished that round. Afterwards I found a water spicket and just laid down under it.

It's a badass course, my favorite hole was #7.

Hole 7 is a blast! Such a good feeling when you park it! Pics here really don't do it justice.

I didn't know there were par 4's in Discgolf. I have always been told that everything is a par 3.

You need to come to the East Coast. Around here Par 66 18 hole courses are considered small. And I'm not talking made up 400' par 4 holes. I'm talking 600'+ holes with 20' gaps.

sweet

Hole #7 Barkley Hill, my home course. 120' Ace run, perfect shot is through the Y in the leaning aspen, hit that spot and you'll hit metal (or wood as a pine basket usually sits there). Also this is right off my front porch so you can grab a beer from the cooler, hit the restroom and throw a piece of wood in the firepit behind the picnic table. Then playout the remaining 14 holes. The view is great.

Yellow discs should not be thrown on this course! Same color as tennis balls.

I have a dream about this piece of land I will buy one day and the course I will build on it.....its pretty much like that!

No pics up here but my favorite hole is at Trace Gold at Trace State Park in Tupelo, MS. Hole 10. You throw out over a road either to lay up on the right side of the lake, or you can bomb it over the lake to the other side. Then you have another 350+ to get to the basket which is right near the water.

Here is a vid from the 2009 Trace Open from the teepad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=excsFOrABBM

Latest posts