• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Favorite Plastic

Discraft its a mix between ESP ( fpr my buzzzes ) and Z ( Wasps, nukes)
Innova it's Star. I dont like champ plastic.

Latitude it must be the gold line.

Dont throw other producers enugh to be able to tell. I think the westside tournament plastic is nice.

G-Line is amazing with PD but funny I dont like it on leopard that much.

I'm really Prodiscus high end plastic, do not remeber what it is call, but the grip is awesome.

Star is probs my go-to. Lat Opto, Prodigy 400, and Innova Champ are all nice. For Putters, I like DX, or slightly stiffer like KC Pro or McPro.

Star was my favorite until I got a TeeBird3 in G-Star. Wow!!! Amazing feel, especially for my dry hands. Great grip and very flexible. If I decide to play winter rounds, I may be building towards a bag of G-Star discs.

Prodiscus ultrium plastic!! super grippy and fantastic durability... can't beat it

Champion/Opto/Z and GStar for drivers/mids. Something floppy/soft for short putts. Something stiffer for longer putts.

You should have included a poll, although some people like having different molds so maybe there would be too many answer choices lol.

I like Gstar when temps are low. I like Star, Champion and Z in warm dry conditions or hot summer days. I like DX in wet conditions.

I'd never be able to make it through a DG road trip without my favorite plastic... Visa.

My favorite by far are the Champion, Opto and Z plastics for drivers and mids. Though I've been bagging more Legacy and perfer Icon for their molds.

When it comes to putters, nothing feels more comforting than baseline plastics like DX.

Drivers - Opto/older Champ/firmer Star
Mids - KC Pro
Putters - Gateway chalky S or SS

I'm torn between two:
Original run red CE Champion Edition the best ever for the Valkyrie and Teebird
Innovas Special Edition for Rocs and Leopards. Grippy and very durable.

No DX for me...

I have a mix of plastics in my collection, with the exception of DX by Innova.
I used DX while I was a really new newbie, once I got my throwing skills under control (mostly), I started using better plastics. Early on I don't think the plastic really matters, until you get control of what your body is doing. Just like ball golf, better equipment doesn't help, until you learn how to swing the club.

Innova - Champion, Star and G Star - I have Teebirds in all three plastics. Of the three I prefer the Star plastic, it seems to skip off the ground better than the others.

Westside - I prefer Tournament plastic over their VIP plastic and I also use a Moonglow Manala.

Discraft - the only Discraft discs in my bag are Challenger putters
I also carry a Dynamic Discs Fusion Judge putter, it turns a little more than the Challenger, so getting around obstacles and to the basket is a little easier.

I give away DX plastic, that I still have, or find, to friends that are just starting out in the sport, much cheaper to replace DX than Star or G Star.

It is also much easier to walk away from a DX Teebird that was just thrown in the water, than it is a G Star TL3 first run. I will be getting wet to get the TL3 back.

For me it is about how the disc feels in my hand, if it feels good, I tend to throw it well...and DX plastic no longer feels good in my hand.

Binkholio

Latest posts