• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Your go to anhyzer disc, short and long.

Short - I use a beat up stingray. Med. to long - tourney warship. (NOT VIP). The tourney is incredible for this shot, trust me. Long I use a champ valk, but it needs some space to work

Short Star Mako
Long ESP Avenger SS or Champion Sidewinder

Mid is a little tougher for me. Either the Mako or a Z Buzzz SS.

Short - beat 11x KC Roc
Long - beat Star Teebird or Champion Krait

For short shots of any degree, I use my Soft Magnet. Once any significant distance comes into play (150ft+) it all depends on the needed flight path. For a shot under 250ft that needs to turn then flatten out, I use a 5x champ Roc. If it doesn't need to come back I use a beat DX Roc. For a 250 - 300ft anhyzer I will use an SL if I have a ceiling to worry about and a Trident if I don't. Throwing anhyzer shots with meathooks like the trident is tricky, but if you have height to give it an extreme anhyzer it will flatten out nicely. Essentially it's a shot that turns 90 degrees like no other. 300ft and out I use a champ wraith.

Short = Proton Anode 173g
Medium = Eclipse Axis 177g
Long = Beat Star Wraith 164g

I will mention that there are a lot of discs that are less stable and easy to throw anyhyzer, but in my experience they are also much easier to turn-and-burn.

I prefer a neutral stable disc for anhyzer shots, and it is very rare that I get any of these 3 discs on edge and rolling by accident.

Short- Omega SS
Medium- Z Glide
Semi-long- Z Avenger SS
Longest- Beat Z Nuke

I also have my longest throw with the Nuke, right around 540' on a big anhyzer flex shot that just rode a tailwind forever.

Just a little anny on a drive I use my 173 Opto vision. It works well then has a little fade at the end. If I need to get a shot that is really far to the right, I pull out old trusty 167 Champ Sidewinder. It will turn over nice then flatten out. For a midrange shot I use a ESP Metoer 177. It is hit and miss with me with this disc. Sometimes I flip it over and other times it does its job well. For really short shots I just use my putt, R-Pro Aviar.

Short Wizard Super Soft Putter

Med KC Pro Roc or Wasp

Long Nuke, Wraith or Archon

My choice will depend on how much I need it to turn over or if I want a little bit of come back at the end of the flight line. I also just got a DD2 Blizzard and it is showing some promise as I learn it. Haven't used it in a round yet, but I will.

Rick G

Latest posts