• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Greatest AHA! Moment in Disc Golf

Manu10

For myself and many of my friends, we have all experienced AHA! moments while playing disc golf. What is your greatest AHA! moment?

Mine was when I finally figured out how to throw my Beast. I am a FH dominant player and I would always throw the disc flat, but I could not figure out why i kept turning it over. My AHA! moment came when I figured out by putting hyzer on the disc and putting a lot of snap on it, it would stop turning over.

Let's hear yours!

learning the hyzer flip with an understable disc.... AHA and WOW at the same time. Bomb drives, unreal turnovers, and dead straight tunnel drives all from one technique, certain discs, and release angle study.

when i found out my perfect putting stance/form.....i used to be fairly inaccurate....now it feels like i rarely miss...its great :).....now if i could get my drives out there another 100+ i would be completely satifisfied with my game

When I figured out the whole nose down thing. It sure made it easier to throw my Wraith.

Finding snap backhand! Slow it down, drive with your putter and punch it out.

Driving with putters and mids was something that instantly helped my game a ton.

I'd have to say it was when I bought the Buzzz, but more importantly, when I learned how to throw it. This led me to another aha moment, which was learning how to anhyzer properly. After learning anny with the Buzzz I was able to translate it to drivers like the Beast, but still nothing beats the Buzzz for accurate anny's.

I have had several moments like this but must recently I felt this way when I started my BH pull through in the correct position (I had been short arming it). This instantly translated to a measurable increase in distance.

When I figured out that I should be flicking my wrist on my FH rather than just swinging through. It almost instantly added 50 feet to my drives. Put me over 300 feet. :)

After playing a couple shorter courses with basically only my putter and translating that into much better approaches and long putts on longer courses.

...realizing that the older dudes in shorts watching me from the edge of the fairway in the bushes weren't there to watch me disc golf.

Finding snap backhand! Slow it down, drive with your putter and punch it out.

Agreed. When I first felt the SNAP, that did it for me. Almost as addicting as the sound of the chains.

when i finally figured out tht i had to face backwards when i start to drive.

How do you get your seat belt fastened?

I'm fairly new to disc golf, but my first and only real aha moment so far has been keeping my shoulders straight as I throw, particularly during the drive. Instant distance.

my best aha moment was about 5 minutes after learning to push putt. When i realized that I had made 11 out of the first 12 putts, I thought, "ohhhhhhhh . . . THIS is how to putt."

Latest posts