• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Local Course...How Far From You?

Newfishes

Thought it would be fun to see how far everyone travels to play a round in their city...

The closest to me is about 4miles but it's almost a completely straight shot down one road to get there. The 2nd closest is the opposite way about 12 miles from here but only another mile from the DG store. The 3rd & 4th closest courses from me are in the close to 13-17miles away i'm guessing so i don't have it that bad.

Luckily too, I have a Mach Lite i can carry over to City Park one block away when i don't feel like driving at all...

I have 3 courses all about 12 miles from me. Oak Grove out in Pasadena, Chavez Ridge up at Dodger Stadium and Veteran's Park out in Sylmar. I consider Veteran's Park to be my home course as I seem to fit in at that park best.

Chavez doesn't really have much community activity because of the nature of that course. It's secluded up on the hillside above the baseball diamond. You have to know it's there to find it. In addtition, there's nowhere really to hang out there, you go up and play and get out.

Oak Grove is an okay course and there are some good people there, but there's also a certain shady/sketchy element to it that bothers me a bit.

Looking at how few courses the PDGA lists in Europe I'm lucky to be within 7 miles of two and a half course. Plus a couple of more in neighboring towns and 25 miles from another two.

Somehow it seems that the PDGA isn't up to date with course lists. There are 85 courses in Finland and only a few are mentioned.

I have it made. I have one of the best 9 hole courses three blocks from my house and I have a great practice field about 4 blocks from my house.

5 minutes to Wickham Park, 30 to Heroes, 15 to Tolland Cross Farms, 30 to Panthorn Park. A great variety of courses within a short drive.

BLURR said:
I have it made. I have one of the best 9 hole courses three blocks from my house and I have a great practice field about 4 blocks from my house.
Are you originally from WDM? I graduated from Valley in '96 if it matters. Have we had this conversation before?

Walnut Ridge is about 12 miles away from me, Grandview is about 13, Ewing is about 14 and Pickard is 31. There are a bunch of other ones but those are the most notable.

Willow Run..........12
Mead Park...........12
Yulga....................20
Standing Rock....20
North Wood County Park...about 27

Grand Woods Park...7 miles
Michigan State University.....4 miles
Fitzgerald Park......15 miles

Portable basket in the Trunk.....0 miles

Protables, never leave home with out em! haha

Turkey Creek - 10 minutes
Sugar Bottom - 10 minutes
Peninsula - 15 minutes

gotta love living in the center of the three courses in the Iowa City area

My closest course is about ten minutes away. There are seven courses in this area, farthest away is about forty five minutes.

9 hole that can be played like 13 without repeating any holes is less then 1 mile away.

9 hole course that you can safari into 18 holes by just shifting your tee off area to the bike path is about 8 miles away.

Full 18 hole course is about 10 miles away from my house.

Full Championship 18 hole course is about 16 miles from my house.

We just got a new mountain course here in the Grand Valley that I haven't played yet, but I think that is about 35 miles away on Powderhorn Ski Resort.

Man am I jealous of you guys.
I have a pitch and putt 9 holer about 3 miles from my house that just went in.
And the 18 hole course that we just finished in August is about 13 miles from my place.
After that it's 45 miles plus to get to another course.

iowapat said:
Turkey Creek - 10 minutes
Sugar Bottom - 10 minutes
Peninsula - 15 minutes

gotta love living in the center of the three courses in the Iowa City area

About the same:

Peninsula - 15 minutes on foot - 1/2 mile away.
Turkey Creek - 5 miles.
Sugarbottom - 15 miles.
Jones - 18 miles.
Shaver - 20 miles.
Legion - 23 miles.
Sunset - 30 miles.

I've got three decent courses within 10 minutes of my house, and four or five more within 45 minutes.

Rosedale, KC: 7 min on Saturday morning, 15 during at 5 pm during the week.
Cliff Drive, KC: 15 minues
Blue Valley, KC: 15 minutes
Waterworks, North KC: 20 minutes
Swope, KC: 15 minutes
WYCO, Bonner Springs: 30 minutes
Prairie Center, Olathe: 30 minutes

When I started playing, I lived 4 blocks from my local course.

Latest posts