• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your Local Course...How Far From You?

From Sheboygan Falls Quarry Park in Sheboygan is 5 miles, Vollrath Park in Sheboygan is 7 miles, H.A. Meyer Park (9 hole) in Plymouth is 8 miles, LTC Cleveland is 14 miles, and my favorite Silver Creek in Manitowoc is 25 miles.

Newberg Oregon
Hoover park 300 yards 9 holes
Ewing Young .5 miles 12 holes
Champoeg 5 miles 15 holes
Wortman 10 miles 12 holes/ 12 alternate tees
Greenway 17 miles 9 holes
Hagg Lake 18 miles 18 holes
Lunchtime 23 miles 12 holes
Orchard 24 miles 9 holes
Cascade Gateway 29 miles 18 holes
Pier 30 miles 18 holes
Milo Mciver 45 miles 27 holes
Rooster Rock 45 miles 18 holes
Timber 47 miles 18 holes
Dabney 50 miles 18 holes
Adair 50 miles 18 holes
Willamette 60 miles 18 holes

Better courses in bold There are a few other courses within about 30 miles but I never play them rockway, bryant park, and glenwood.
All and all not to bad

plastic_fondler said:
2 mile walk for this:

StaffordLakeDiscGolfHeader.jpg

Love me some Stafford Lake, that course is awesome. It's been way too long since I've been out there...

From my place within an hour's drive, I've got

Aquatic Park, Berkeley - 2 miles / 5 minutes - 18 holes
Moraga - 10 miles / 20 minutes - 9 holes
Golden Gate Park, San Francisco - 13 miles / 20 minutes(with no traffic :lol: ) - 18 holes
Chabot Park, San Leandro - 14 miles / 20 minutes - 9 holes
Stafford Lake, Novato(pictured above) - 25 miles / 40 minutes - 18 holes
Skyline Wilderness Park, Napa - 28 miles / 45 minutes - 18 holes
Lagoon Valley, Vacaville - 34 miles / 50 minutes - 18 holes

Micah said:
Newberg Oregon
Hoover park 300 yards 9 holes
Ewing Young .5 miles 12 holes
Champoeg 5 miles 15 holes
Wortman 10 miles 12 holes/ 12 alternate tees
Greenway 17 miles 9 holes
Hagg Lake 18 miles 18 holes
Lunchtime 23 miles 12 holes
Orchard 24 miles 9 holes
Cascade Gateway 29 miles 18 holes
Pier 30 miles 18 holes
Milo Mciver 45 miles 27 holes
Rooster Rock 45 miles 18 holes
Timber 47 miles 18 holes
Dabney 50 miles 18 holes
Adair 50 miles 18 holes
Willamette 60 miles 18 holes

Better courses in bold There are a few other courses within about 30 miles but I never play them rockway, bryant park, and glenwood.
All and all not to bad

I'm surprised you didn't make Dabney bold too. I was down at Milo for Hab/Rec a few weeks ago, and on Sunday, my friends and I hit Timber, Rooster, and Dabney. All 3 courses were really good, I thought, Dabney standing out as the best IMO (of course, they kind of got blended together). I've played Pier before, definitely my favorite city course I've ever played, and Milo...just magnificent. What really surprised me was a bunch of the Portland locals I met at Hab/Rec said that they hardly ever played Milo. One dude that was on my card was only playing it for the second time in his life, the first time being last year's Hab/Rec. :shock: (For those that don't know, Milo is the biggest, most world class course in the NW, AFAIK) If I lived in Portland, I'd have to make it out there at least a couple times a month. But yeah, I've played 6 courses around Portland, and all of them have been good...some better than others, but nothing bad. I'm sorely tempted to move there, if only the job market were better, or if I had a job lined up. :? (Oh yeah, in relation to the "hot disc golf chicks" thread, Portland was another scene that seemed to have a good contingent of cute girls seriously golfing.)

yeah, dabney is my fave of those three too, second only to milo. pier is mah bitch though...7.4 miles.

one course is 30min the other is 35 min and the 9 holer is 20min.So either way I got a ride.

about 15 minutes to Visalia -- 3 courses at two locations (Mooney 's Grove has two 18-hole courses)
just under 30 minutes to Tulare -- 1 new course there
about 35 minutes to Hanford
just under an hour to Fresno -- Woodward Park

Everything else takes a special occasion

SE Michigan. Three new courses in 07.

The new:
Waterworks Park, Ypsilanti
EMU's Disc Golf Course, Ypsilanti
Bandermeer Park, Ann Arbor

Free:
Cass Benton, Northville

Scheduled to re-open in 08:
Brown Park

Requires a daily or annual pass:
Hudson Mills Metropark(2 courses, 24 holes) Dexter
Kensington Metropark(1 permanent, 1 temporary) Brighton
Willow Metropark, Romulus or New Boston (?)
Rolling Hills, Ypsilanti

Richmond Hill-probably 5 miles or so.
Mars Hill-close to 20 or 25 miles
Black Mountain-about 20 miles
Ridgecrest-about 20 miles
Camp Rockmont-about 20 miles
Arden-about 15 miles

The 9 holer I designed is only a couple miles away. There is another 9 holer 15 miles away that used to be my home course. The closest 18 is 22 miles away and was recently completed. There are about 85 courses within a 100 mile radius from me. Most are to the east (Minneapolis / St. Paul ) and to the north (St. Cloud)

Latest posts