• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your longest disc

Mike-S said:
Midnightbiker said:
Will a DX out fly a Champ?

Depends on the disc, but generally yes. It needs to be beat in to the right stability though. I think DX wraiths are too stable when new.
It also depends on how far you throw. I read somewhere that when David Wiggam (sp?) won his latest distance record (450'-something I think) it was with a Champ Wraith because that's the disc he found that disc flew the farthest for him. You don't see the big arms throwing that disc because there are better options for discs to get out past 500'. In other words, if you want to throw 450', a Champ Wraith might be the easiest disc; however, if you want to throw 800' you'll need something else. This really only applies to distance throws with high speed drivers.

I'll agree that a beat version of a DX disc will, in general and especally on golf lines, fly farther than a higher end version of the same disc.

Mike-S said:
Midnightbiker said:
Will a DX out fly a Champ?

Depends on the disc, but generally yes. It needs to be beat in to the right stability though. I think DX wraiths are too stable when new.

Well, I have thrown several Champ Valks, and i was just wondering if I got a DX one, it would out fly the Champs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon I discovered that this Cheetah thing was true
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a frolfer
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the Cheetah
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long, bitches

Ding dang a dong bong bing bong
Ticky ticky thought of a putt
Everytime I try to do it all now baby
Don't need mids to run
Why why why why why baby
If its so evil then?
Give me my Aviar, with all my power
Give it to me all again (wow)
Ding a ding a dang a dong dong ding dong
Everywhere I throw

Everytime you tell me baby
Why not just disc down
Got to get my Cheetah parked
And go do my workout
Why why why why?

Ding ding donga dong dong ding dong
Dingy dingy got me a gun
Half my D I tell you baby
Never am I short for sure
Why why why why why baby

on n on..
what thread is this again?

Great song, coolest post ever and on my birthday even. Thanks ZAM
(Yep I'm a big Ministry fan :D )

Oh yeah and I throw a CFR Destroyer or a Star Beast farther than anything else I have thrown. Destroyer most of the time but Beast on a tailwind. Somewhere between 400 and 450 depending on the day if anyone cares.

With no wind and prime conditions: 168 Pro Destroyer
I just got my first drive ever over 400' with that thing yesterday, birdied a 455' hole!! I was pumped.

If there is wind than I will use a 171 ESP Surge or Star Destroyer.

Aaron_D said:
tale wind = dx valk
headwind = champ destroyer
calm conditions = pro wraith / esp flash

dude I'm gonna have to do some tuning on my ESP Flash, right now it flies like a Champ Sidewinder for ne, is it designed to fly like an old mold Beast?

Triplebogey said:
The disc i've thrown the furthest is a Discraft Spectra...

I'm just too afraid to throw it too much and destroy the full-color artwork on it.

Interesting. I've tried to figure this disc out without much success. Throw it too light and it hyzers. Throw it too hard and it flips. I can't seem to find the right line for this one. I'm going to have to pull out a spectra and try it again though.

Lately my first run 168 pulse has been sneaking up and becoming freaky long. I've been getting it well over 400' on anny lines.

Pro Wraith no wind to tail wind
Pro/Star Destroyer breezy conditions but they are starting to turnover and not come back.
I have a couple Forces comming hopefully they can handle some power.

no wind-170 champ orc
moderate headwind- 170 champ tbird
strong headwind-170 champ banshee
tailwind- dunno, for some reason, at my home course the winds always in your face on the tee. probably a seasoned valk

Excaliber is money into the wind, new at least. Put my 175 eco 430-450ft+ into the wind earlier today. Before the Excaliber I didn't have much for max distance headwind, couldn't get much between the Monster and Firebird. Monster comes back, Firebird holds the line, its just that neither quite cut the wind like the sharp edge of the excal.

Tailwind/no wind- Pro Wraith 168-171g

172 Purple Rogue in no wind or non-flippy wind
168 Proline Surge in light flippy wind
167 Tsunami in a headwind or strong winds

Latest posts