• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ZÜCA Cart Review

Goat heads. Man, I do not miss those things since back when I lived in CO.

I'm glad to see that pouch will hold the larger stainless bottles. I live in Texas, and normally carry atleast a 64oz growler and 40oz; if not more. Do you know if the mounted bottle holders will hold the smaller size stainless bottles (40/32oz), or even something like a nalgene bottle? Or are they pretty much like what you'd find on a cheap bicycle?

I've been really wanting that cart; I guess I could always keep the bottom shelf empty and throw a small cooler in there.

I'm glad to see that pouch will hold the larger stainless bottles. I live in Texas, and normally carry atleast a 64oz growler and 40oz; if not more. Do you know if the mounted bottle holders will hold the smaller size stainless bottles (40/32oz), or even something like a nalgene bottle? Or are they pretty much like what you'd find on a cheap bicycle?

I've been really wanting that cart; I guess I could always keep the bottom shelf empty and throw a small cooler in there.

A buddy of mine did a swap out with some PVC for the 32oz bottles (they will fit the stock, but will probably scratch them up). I use a 20oz metal bottle in the bike holder ones just fine.

They have an adjustable screw that allows the size to expand and contract.

I'm pretty sure Ricky won Worlds rolling a Delta. :eek: Fun review though. They're great looking carts. Much better in person than I was expecting.

I'm pretty sure Ricky won Worlds rolling a Delta. :eek: Fun review though. They're great looking carts. Much better in person than I was expecting.

I did a serious once over on the Delta this weekend, and they are also very slick. I didn't see a hands down winner between the two - but the Delta that I was looking at had some nice features.

Interesting to note that at the tournament - carts were really starting to be common. Probably saw 15+ carts in the mix amoung the ~40 players on the open side.

The last time I was at/near any sort of organized round, there were five or six carts. RRs mostly with a couple Deltas (love mine!) and customs thrown in the mix. It's kind of amazing how quickly carts have made themselves at home in the game.

You really can't go wrong with whatever route you choose. My back thanks me every round.

The last time I was at/near any sort of organized round, there were five or six carts. RRs mostly with a couple Deltas (love mine!) and customs thrown in the mix. It's kind of amazing how quickly carts have made themselves at home in the game.

You really can't go wrong with whatever route you choose. My back thanks me every round.

I agree, and don't really get some of the haters that bag on one cart over the other. I chose the Ridge Roller for certain reasons but they are both awesome carts and very much a back saver and overall easy to use on most courses.

I see more of them at tournaments and minis every week it seems. Cart life is good!

Delta is the way to go... Prototype

Attachments

• IMAG0509.jpg
    IMAG0509.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG0506.jpg
    IMAG0506.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMAG0490.jpg
    IMAG0490.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 129
The basic concept that my buddy Andrew Herrera did was to take a piece of 6" PVC and cut them about 10" high. You could use a door knob cutting drill bit to take some of the weight off the tubes. 4 small holes drilled at the bottom and used 5mm perlon chord to make a chris-crossed bottom.

For those who have tried both, how difficult is the Delta as a seat? I know it's much lower than a Zuca, and have tried the Zuca. It just seems like the Delta might be an issue getting up and sitting down for someone like me with knee/ankle pain due to spinal nerve damage.

I'm becoming more and more interested in a cart, but I've been leaning towards the RR because of the height...

For those who have tried both, how difficult is the Delta as a seat? I know it's much lower than a Zuca, and have tried the Zuca. It just seems like the Delta might be an issue getting up and sitting down for someone like me with knee/ankle pain due to spinal nerve damage.

I'm becoming more and more interested in a cart, but I've been leaning towards the RR because of the height...
I find the delta seat slightly more comfortable but the versatility of the rr and the fact that my discs were always within easy reach sold me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

The height of the Delta Cart is not a problem for me. I am 6"4 and have no complaints. IMO the biggest advantage the Delta cart has it is top loading. I did not like loading discs in the front espically on the lower rack. Front loading was alright if I was already sitting on the Zuca but any other time I had to access discs I found it less than ideal. You will be happy with either cart. :D

I love my Zuca backpack cart. The ranger bag, while tight to get in and out, fits superbly. You do lose the use of the putter pocket and drink pockets. But the mod is simple enough. The seat is super comfortable, the storage capability is great. I spent about 30 bucks on a tool pouch and small backpack and done.

Attachments

• 20160922_135012.jpg
    20160922_135012.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 131
I felt like the Ranger bag was a natural for the bag cart. Boxy, and fit well.

As far as comparison goes, both carts are great. If you want to carry more discs, you'll probably prefer the RR. If you want to carry more stuff, you'll probably dig the Delta more.

How is the delta for carrying on rough terrain? I have the Zuca All Terrain and when I come across a big log or something I need to get over it's pretty easy to just grab the seat handle and lift over real quick. It works out especially well for a hole at my home course where 350' of the 500' hole is large rocks where I need to carry the cart.