• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zippo hand warmer

The wicking inside is packed pretty tightly so you cant really rush the filling up part because it'll spill over. I thought I heard somewhere about letting it sit for a few hours before lighting it up so that the fluid had a chance to soak into the dry wicking. When you start it up you shouldn't get any flame, your just getting the platinum wick hot (glowing) so that it'll pull fumes. If you have a flame that means you have too much liquid fluid touching the platinum wick.
Also light it upright, don't hold it upside down. This should eliminate fuel dripping out and make sure the cotton wicking is just tucked into the warmer you don't want any of it hanging out.

Oh yea and if you have a leak from the seam then just get it replaced. I'm pretty sure it's covered under warranty.

I heard these only last about an hour once it gets to 20 degrees. Anybody confirm or deny this?

Where do you guys find the zippo fluid other than online? Ive checked walmart and the gas stations around me and noone carries it.

Im having trouble lighting mine for the first time. I have filled it up with atleast 1.5 units and the catalyst just doesnt want to catch.

What am i doing wrong?

Im having trouble lighting mine for the first time. I have filled it up with atleast 1.5 units and the catalyst just doesnt want to catch.

What am i doing wrong?

The instructions say to fill the reservoir twice to the top for the first use.

It took holding the flame on the catalyst for 15-20 seconds the first time I lit mine, much shorter after that.

Smoke shops that sell Zippos usually have Zippo brand lighter fluid. I had the same issue finding it till I went to a cigarette store.

As far as lighting the catalyst you have to get it glowing, in other words you need a good hot flame (Zippo lighters work great)

I use a zippo lighter as well. I found that holding the warmer upside down helps to get it going a little quicker, though one time it actually lit on fire. I blew it out and it was fine though

I bought 2 and tried the other one and the same thing. Im holding the lighter on the burner and it starts to glow and then goes out

Ive filled them up with almost 2 cups of the fluid

The trick to getting them consistently lit is to squirt a bit of the lighter fluid on the element and then light it on fire. Let it burn out naturally or blow it out after it has been going for a minute or so. Put the cap on and put it in the bag. Works every time!

Latest posts