• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zippo hand warmer

I'm pretty sure they can't ship it (imflammables) cheap and legally...

Some of the kits come with fluid. I assume its like when I buy ammo online. They have to ship it ground. Can't have it in the air.

Mine are waiting for me at home. Gonna pick some fluid up on the way home. I work outside so ill be able to put them through some field testing.

I got two black ones and I can't get them to work. I followed the directions and it lights up and then I put the cap on and it does not warm up? HELP! I am going to send them back.

Chain Wrangler, make sure you put them in the bag with the air vents at the bag opening. I put mine in the other way around and it wouldn't work.

How long are you to let it burn when you light it bf you put the cap on? I did put it in the bag correct as you said but nothing. The burner is cold and I can pull it right off?? I know I am a chick but I am doing it right. Had my boss look at it too.

I got two black ones and I can't get them to work. I followed the directions and it lights up and then I put the cap on and it does not warm up? HELP! I am going to send them back.

It says to fill the cup twice for the first use.

The first time I lit mine it took a long time for them to actually get going. It would feel warm just from the lighter flame, but wouldn't be lit. I held the flame on the catalyst for 20 seconds and that did the trick. They lit quicker the second time.

Dumb questions ahead;

Can you stop the catalyst wick by popping it off (you can use the warmer top btw :thmbup:) ? Will it cool down then without fuel? I just got mine but haven't fueled them up and tested them yet. I'd like to know as it seems dumb to have to run it till it's completely out of fuel.

Dumb questions ahead;

Can you stop the catalyst wick by popping it off (you can use the warmer top btw :thmbup:) ? Will it cool down then without fuel? I just got mine but haven't fueled them up and tested them yet. I'd like to know as it seems dumb to have to run it till it's completely out of fuel.

Yes to both questions..Nice tip about removing with the top

Went to the "Restoration Hardware" LOL in Dallas earlier this week. They were selling the hand warmers for $10 each. Got one for me and my father in law, who is a competitive fisherman. It's been too warm to try it out so far.

I did fill the cup twice. Both mine are duds I called the manufacturer and told them what was going on and they said to return them. In red letters the paper says: If you see any flame emerging from your handwarmer it is a malfunction. So I am getting a refund.

Got my two silver ones in yesterday and they work perfectly.

Hopefully mine are here before I leave.

^looks like we are not going to need them. But I am going to take mine just to be on the safe side.

Went to the "Restoration Hardware" LOL in Dallas earlier this week. They were selling the hand warmers for $10 each. Got one for me and my father in law, who is a competitive fisherman. It's been too warm to try it out so far.

How does the quality on these look? I was looking at these online, but would like to hear how they work before I buy. Post back up on here once you light these bad boys up, please.

just got mine, got em started and they are hot!