• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

If the thing never before seen in a live disc golf event is using a quadcopter (drone) to capture footage, then I say meh!

And I also ask, how annoying is the sound of a drone going to be to competitors? Pros already whine about bugs, small children, and mouse farts being distracting, I can't imagine what the whine of little electric motors will do to them.

If the thing never before seen in a live disc golf event is using a quadcopter (drone) to capture footage, then I say meh!

And I also ask, how annoying is the sound of a drone going to be to competitors? Pros already whine about bugs, small children, and mouse farts being distracting, I can't imagine what the whine of little electric motors will do to them.

I think he said "never seen in any sporting event" didn't he?

So if the ADGT succeeds and grows and continues and becomes relevant. . .

Won't becoming relevant mean a serious sports journalist will dig in and expose all the dirty laundry regardless of a positive result in the end?

That's PDGA pros you're thinking of. ADGT pros should expect it. After all, unless I've overlooked it, the rules don't prohibit competitors from causing distractions. Once enough players make use of this rules omission, a little thing like a drone shouldn't bother them at all.

So I'm going to go ahead and guess that their commercials they are referring to will feature the footage from PDGA Tournaments, that someone else shot.

Really shady considering their stance/comments on the PDGA and other disc golf media sources.

On another side note, I wonder if Ricky is using any discs this weekend that weren't grandfathered into the ADGT's approved disc list.

Would Lat. 64 really pay for the approval?

So if the ADGT succeeds and grows and continues and becomes relevant. . .

Won't becoming relevant mean a serious sports journalist will dig in and expose all the dirty laundry regardless of a positive result in the end?

Damn man 3200 words worth of :popcorn: for you guys this morning and I can't even be called a serious sports journalist? ;)

Can anyone estimate the impact this thread has had on the ADGT?

Zero, none at all.

And yeah definitely gonna be some filthy peasant backpack footage of oppressive corporate interest golf in those snazzy commercials. Of dudes playing a sport that's simply easier to dominate than baseball. Such is the circle.

Additionally, thanks to everyone who has been reading. I worked my ass off on this article and I am glad it is in front of some eyeballs. :thmbup:

24 of my eyes alone, because I'm going to read it at least a dozen times.

And then buy you a lifetime premium membership to this site.

Anyone else hoping that someone hits a ace on the car hole and there is controversy with ADGT not following through with their commitment? I could see this playing out.

"No, see the sign clearly says 'A' ace wins the car, 'An' ace doesn't. What you got was 'An' ace. Our team of lawyers have verified this with the Actuaries. Sorry, you're out of luck."

Mom did the belt, until she caught me with the buckle one time. Then it was wooden spoons from there on out. And I think a hair brush once.

Just think, right now they are thinking... "We will show them ALL what fools they were to doubt us."

Delusions, arrogance, lies....

Delusions that other disc golf manufacturers want to keep the sport off ESPN...Lies that Charlie Goodpasture received his refund, or that it was their stated position to only refund 50%....Arrogance, well, all the rest.

Great article.

I do wish you'd asked why not a single person in their hometown will have anything to do with this.

So I'm going to go ahead and guess that their commercials they are referring to will feature the footage from PDGA Tournaments, that someone else shot.

Really shady considering their stance/comments on the PDGA and other disc golf media sources.

On another side note, I wonder if Ricky is using any discs this weekend that weren't grandfathered into the ADGT's approved disc list.

Would Lat. 64 really pay for the approval?

The Compass is a 2016 release, right?

Im more excited for this thread in the next week than I am for this tourney.

Should I seek a Dr of scatology for this?

So, will the ADGT become the American Football League or the World Football League/United States Football League?

Latest posts