• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Announcing Discmania Evolution and Active

Some believe Star is a blend of Pro and Champion; I'm not totally sure of that, but it could be. Echostar was allegedly recycled Star, and may be the main ingredient of Swirly Star plastic (as an anecdotal observation, Echostar started going OOP as more Swirly Star molds were made for things like Tour Series). Chemists and Materials Engineers could probably talk all day about different blends and such stuff...

I guess one day we'll find out what I-blend really is.... :popcorn:

Yep, Star is not quite a blend of Pro and Champion rather a more durable Pro as I have in last few years picked up a stiff Driver Pro disc that felt the way a softer run of Star plastic is. Star could be mostly Pro with a tad bit of Champion as little as needed to make a harder durable version of Pro.

Fun to see Simon throw a fairway driver 450 feet and say " i barely throw that one"

Some believe Star is a blend of Pro and Champion; I'm not totally sure of that, but it could be. Echostar was allegedly recycled Star, and may be the main ingredient of Swirly Star plastic (as an anecdotal observation, Echostar started going OOP as more Swirly Star molds were made for things like Tour Series). Chemists and Materials Engineers could probably talk all day about different blends and such stuff...

I guess one day we'll find out what I-blend really is.... :popcorn:

I have an old Innova Catalog (think 10 plus years old) and it lists Star Plastic as mix of Champion and Pro.

It also lists the Destroyer as 4 Fade, but that's another story.

And Echostar has always been regrind plastic.

Bit more overstable according to Eagle, and the flight actually reminds me of the Explorer by Lat 64.

I heard that, but was just speculating. It looks really similar to a River Pro, from the bits of the rim I've seen. Maybe it will be an easier 2nd Run FD replacement.

So now it's quadrilogy? Can't really call it trilogy anymore.... just saying.

Unless the Trilogy Pro players are not allowed to use the Discmania discs then it is still a trilogy in my mind. This is kind of how Innova is back to a trilogy (Hyzerbomb is a mini side brand of Millennium) after Pros not able to keep discs from Discmania anymore with Infinite disc being the discs that Innova sponsored players can sort of use now though Dave is still trying to keep the Innova players throwing strictly Innova discs.

so if this trend continues it will be like the 90's were it's just discraft or innova king of thing?

I totally boycott consolidation as it yields more monopoly and less real competition.

Per our local Innova sponsored pro (competition team or whatever they call it) Innova players may throw anything molded by Innova.

Latitude 64, Dynamic Discs and Westside Discs sponsored players will not be allowed to throw Discmania Evolution discs. The partnership DD has with Latitude is of a different nature than the one that Discmania will have with them.

Per our local Innova sponsored pro (competition team or whatever they call it) Innova players may throw anything molded by Innova.

This is because Innova knows anything molded by Innova is .... Innova. Doesn't matter what stamp or brand you resell it under. Companies who resell and rebrand and recombine tops and bottoms are "Virtual Manufacturers." =)

I am pretty sure thats not across the board. Specific contracts may vary. Sexton hasnt got an official ITB out yet but he has got the Firefly to replace P2s and the Caiman to replace Mortars I believe. His must be a 100% Innova in house discs only.

I fiddled Active line discs at the local hypermarket. The plastic felt really nice. Not too soft, not too hard. Tacky and smooth at the same time. Spring Ox felt too shallow and small to me (I like to power grip my mid ranges), but Guardian Lion felt really nice with a fan grip. Flat and low profile. I almost bought a few but managed to resist.

I really hope they end up producing those drivers in premium plastics. They both felt quite good.

Fox spirit has an awesome stamp and I'd love to see it in a premium plastic. Numbers make it seem like a gazelle. I'll be interested to see how these fly.

Fox spirit has an awesome stamp and I'd love to see it in a premium plastic. Numbers make it seem like a gazelle. I'll be interested to see how these fly.

Ordered one yesterday since it was like 6.50 with my Infinite discount. I think it is based on the Yikun View(May just be a rebadged View, not sure yet).

The stamp is what sold it, but the flight looks potentially useful.

I'll let you know how it goes.

(May just be a rebadged View, not sure yet)
Jussi has said that all of the discs being produced by Yikun and Lat64 are unique molds and that they did not replicate any existing molds by either company.

I have a Sun Crow in the mail now. Really interested to see how it is for an out of the box roller/trick shot disc.