• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Wraith/Destroyer

Sargentgeneral

Par Member
So I (yet again) have lost my beat pro wraith which is my bomber disc for max D. I was looking into these blizzard discs for my new max D disc, but I am nervous about turning and burning the disc. My question would be should I get a blizzard wraith or up the speed to a destoryer or boss to compensate for the low weight? I could throw my beat wraith about 450 before I lost it if it makes a difference. Thanks for the help

Get the wraith, its flippy just like a pro wraith, the bosses are a bit more stable and not really like a beat pro wraith.

If you are thinking Blizzard, then I would recommend a 150 Wraith. My experience so far with Blizzard is that the 150's fly very similar to their 175 counterparts in Pro plastic. I wouldn't go with anything other than the Wraith, because the Destroyers are quite a bit more stable than you probably want.

my destroy is really stable. I can't flip it. I talked to another guy that has one and he said the same thing its surprisingly overstable for the weight. They are both 153g. My buddy has a boss that he claims is flippy not sure on weight on it though i've never seen him throw it.

My 150 destro flys like a regular one but with more glide. I think once the discs are 140gm or less is when they change flight characteristics. I threw a 135 katana today and its almost impossible not to turn it over...but I still want one now.

I accidently threw my 139 blizzard boss in the drink at Portage Lakes DGC on # 14 today, and sure enough it was floating. And it will stay in my bag because of it. now I just wish Innova would make a floater that turns over like a blizzard Roadrunner or blizzard Sidewinder.

Hit a couple trees with a blizzard destroyer and you got yourself the beginning of a nice roller.

I think once the discs are 140gm or less is when they change flight characteristics..

Does anyone else find this to be true? Or at least find that at a certain weight tends to change the flight characteristics other than having more glide?

The Blizzard Wraiths, from my experience are like a nice beat up Pro Wraith. From the few times that I have thrown them they have held good lines. Definitely worth the pick up.

Does anyone else find this to be true? Or at least find that at a certain weight tends to change the flight characteristics other than having more glide?

I know that the 135 wraith I tried was really flippy and that the 148 boss I tried was plenty stable. I didn't try a heavier wraith but I've heard the 150ish ones are better especially if you're transitioning from throwing 175ish discs.

Also, I talked to someone on the course that was trying out a 136g wraith and claimed it was really flippy but you can never really tell with people you meet on the course if they know what they're talking about or not. It does agree with my experience though so maybe there's some truth to it.

I recently picked up a 133 Bliz Destroyer, and I've broken my 450' barrier with it on a couple of throws now. It's not good in the wind, and you have to put the right angle on it to keep it from flipping, but the distance potential is amazing. Definitely gonna give the Boss a try too.

do the blizz destroyers fly anything like the starlight destroyers? stability wise? i wanna get some blizzards but not if theyre like that tho haha i wanna be able to get some decent distance out of it

i threw one of the 150 boss' and it flew great, just prefer the destroyer in my hand over the boss so wanna give it a whirl

Last edited:
got a 134 blizzard destroyer. Its not like a new destroyer, no where near as stable. However, it is very cool. It really flies. But you CAN flip it. It just hovers straight for long time then fades. On a side note I got a star teedevil and its really overstable. Not straight at all. But yes these blizzards do give you distance. No question

do the blizz destroyers fly anything like the starlight destroyers? stability wise? i wanna get some blizzards but not if theyre like that tho haha i wanna be able to get some decent distance out of it

i threw one of the 150 boss' and it flew great, just prefer the destroyer in my hand over the boss so wanna give it a whirl
ive thrown a 150 blizz destroyer, and the thing was stable. my good buddy who happens to be a pro throws around 550ft and couldnt flip this thing. maybe it was a freak, but it wouldnt turn for anything.

yeah I'm late to the Blizzard party and just picked up a couple Blizzard Wraiths recently. I finally had a chance to test em out this weekend. I got a 133g and a 148g. The 148g flied as I expected, pretty much like a pro wraith, but longer - I actually threw it farther than I think I've ever thrown a disc before. Now, the 133g, I throw it the same as the 148g and it flies like a freakn Predator. LOL I was kinda surprised to say the least. I threw them a few times each with the same results. Is this normal that the 133 would be crazy overstable?

I use a 150g Blizzard Wraith when I have a wide open fairway and the basket is 450'+, cause it's pretty understable, and takes a while to come back, but it gets a HUGE S curve giving it great distance. Never thrown a Blizzard Destroyer, so no opinion on that one.. but my friend uses one on occasion and usually gets pretty good distance and he doesn't have a super arm (averages 350' with a good throw) but can push close to 400' when he throws the Blizz Destroyer. Not sure what the weight is though.

You seem to of ran into the inconsistency of the blizzard technology. It is interesting to see a 133g be a meat hook but I bet someone could really rip that thing. I am interested in how these blizzards break in. I know they are a little less durable than standard champion but do the flight characteristics (like dusty's meat hook) change as it beats in. Also is it more drastic than normal discs?