• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I killed a duck...

I didn't go through all 15 pages, but am I the only sick bastard that would have thought of dying a duck on the disc and putting a tally mark on it?

Its a duck. Not like it was the last dodo.

2c o'mine.

It's coming right at us Ned.:D

southpark_ep103_1.jpg

Mmm-Man It's coming right for us.

I am so bummed.

Slightly downhill and it honed in on one and killed it.

Dead.

Not a good memory, not one bit.

I always wondered if someone ever did whack a bird as they are always out there on the course, now I don't wonder.

Complete accident, I love birds and flying things.

So bummed.

I'm not sure what is funnier. The story itself, or me imagining you telling it all sadfaced :(

Star Sidewinder 150g

The duck was on the other side of the water and it just went straight at it.

Thud.

I'm sick about it.

bb9066aa.jpg

Well, nobody wants to hit animals, but he probably didnt see it coming and most likely felt no pain. At least it died quickly, you could have crippled it and it would have taken weeks to die. When animals die naturally they go through way more pain than a quick sidewinder hit. Some hungry coyote or opossum is thanking you right now.

I didn't go through all 15 pages, but am I the only sick bastard that would have thought of dying a duck on the disc and putting a tally mark on it?

Its a duck. Not like it was the last dodo.

2c o'mine.

Absolutely Brilliant. The disc would have to be a champ "destroyer" too

I've had friends say they have killed birds, almost felt like calling them out.. nothing funny about whacking an animal.. ok maybe having to stand behind it while you putted would be kind of funny in a sick kind of way.. but.. I'm sure there is some sort of scavenger out there thanking you. Sorry to hear about the duck..

And after reading today's new posts on this thread...

I'd hate to have my disc land close to a Canadian Goose's nest. Those things can be down right ferocious when defending their nests.

Actually I saw two kids terrorizing baby geese last year and I was soooo hoping the adults would attack but they didn't. You can basically do what you want to them and all they do is hiss. I like animals but the geese need thinning badly around Riverside in Grand Rapids.

Hangwind, I know this is an old thread, but it just came to my attention. Crappy circumstances bro. I feel bad for you and the duck. Seriously. If I would have been in your shoes that day, I probably would have picked up my bag and ended my round on the spot. I love animals and the last thing I'd ever want to do is hurt or kill one all because I want to play disc golf. After all, they are wild animals. WILD. That means that WE are in THEIR space. I'd rather lose my favorite disc in a lake than have it kill a duck. Your story just gave me insight. There are a couple courses I play frequently that have a duck/goose population. From now on, on the holes they frequent, I'm going to run up and "shooo" them away before myself or anyone else in my group throws.

I'm not sure what is funnier. The story itself, or me imagining you telling it all sadfaced :(

I like how you talk about how this story is funny and quote a Jack Johnson song in your sig about "good people." Oh wait, you are from Tennessee. You probably got a gun rack in the back window of your good ole' pickup truck dont cha. Just remember, it's only a sport if BOTH sides know they are playing.

There is nothing wrong with killing a duck. As long as you eat it!

It's been a while since I've been here, still playing disc golf every week, still enjoying my small group of friends and have learned many new skills. I had a neck/shoulder pinch nerve which forced me to learn to drive left handed. When your back is against the wall, and you want to continue and your dominate arm kills you to throw anything more than an approach shot, you do what you do.

So I stepped up and just thought, "mirror" and decided to do it and did and now I drive left handed. I lost my very accurate side arm throw, can't flik it to save my life and that is how I learned.

No loss, I can get it to turn that way now, throw lefty...

We gained a jewel out here in phoenix, Greenfield Lakes Golf Course, they put in a 36 basket course. You ride carts, you tee between ball golfers. Nice course, love it. On the long holes, I can roll 'em, even in the summer, rolling conditions are awesome and today I played my best round to date.

Which takes me to the reason why I am here.

I whipped a Roadrunner, my max weight saw blade special by Moon (freakin cool dye) out and just heaved it, bit in and started rolling and blew up a pigeon. Feather puff, killed it dead.

Sh!t.

My friend got a free sub sandwich because he said it was for his duck at Subway.

Yes.. he got it from Mitch Hedburg.. but it seriously happened. The Arabs gave him a free sandwich.

It's been a while since I've been here, still playing disc golf every week, still enjoying my small group of friends and have learned many new skills. I had a neck/shoulder pinch nerve which forced me to learn to drive left handed. When your back is against the wall, and you want to continue and your dominate arm kills you to throw anything more than an approach shot, you do what you do.

So I stepped up and just thought, "mirror" and decided to do it and did and now I drive left handed. I lost my very accurate side arm throw, can't flik it to save my life and that is how I learned.

No loss, I can get it to turn that way now, throw lefty...

We gained a jewel out here in phoenix, Greenfield Lakes Golf Course, they put in a 36 basket course. You ride carts, you tee between ball golfers. Nice course, love it. On the long holes, I can roll 'em, even in the summer, rolling conditions are awesome and today I played my best round to date.

Which takes me to the reason why I am here.

I whipped a Roadrunner, my max weight saw blade special by Moon (freakin cool dye) out and just heaved it, bit in and started rolling and blew up a pigeon. Feather puff, killed it dead.

Sh!t.

After reading your original post, I'm beginning to think that you are aiming for these birds... Two birds in two years averages out to one a year. That is a better hit/year ratio than many people get for aces. ;)

That course in Phoenix sounds awesome and I'm jealous of it. I hope neither of the birds you hit suffered before dying and that it doesn't push you away from this game.

After reading your original post, I'm beginning to think that you are aiming for these birds... Two birds in two years averages out to one a year. That is a better hit/year ratio than many people get for aces. ;)

That course in Phoenix sounds awesome and I'm jealous of it. I hope neither of the birds you hit suffered before dying and that it doesn't push you away from this game.
What he said.