• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you feel the envy compares to the particle, flight wise? I have been contemplating a switch.

I've been throwing both in the past year. The Particle is faster with a later fade that bites a little harder. Due to the speed the Particle likes lower lines and stalls easily for a putter with a little too much nose up.. The Envy starts fading earlier, but it is a more gradual and forward motion.

Overall I found the Particle a little too strange for my golf game, but it does some really impressive things. It can take some power on a slight anny and just bomb, with the stability bringing it back for a huge S turn. It's probably the farthest flying overmold putter for me without a tailwind.

I've been throwing both in the past year. The Particle is faster with a later fade that bites a little harder. Due to the speed the Particle likes lower lines and stalls easily for a putter with a little too much nose up.. The Envy starts fading earlier, but it is a more gradual and forward motion.

Overall I found the Particle a little too strange for my golf game, but it does some really impressive things. It can take some power on a slight anny and just bomb, with the stability bringing it back for a huge S turn. It's probably the farthest flying overmold putter for me without a tailwind.

My go to throwing putter is an ion, with the particle as an OS partner. Is the envy OS enough to not overlap at all with my ion? Enough to justify carrying both molds? I liked the particles harsher fade for this reason.

One of the guys in our group bags both the Ion and the Envy. When he wants the harsh fade of the Particle, he intentionally throws nose up with the Envy. He does not care for the Particle as he can get the Envy to fly like the Particle but not vice versa.

I am the leader of the Squarefingers cabal; I cannot throw the Ion. Second hand story here.

My go to throwing putter is an ion, with the particle as an OS partner. Is the envy OS enough to not overlap at all with my ion? Enough to justify carrying both molds? I liked the particles harsher fade for this reason.

I would've said no a few years ago but these newer Ions I've been throwing are so straight that I've been complementing my Ion (plasma) with an N Envy, no prob. What Wolfman said echoes my findings with the Particle vs Envy. Particle is a little strange for my game, too fast or something. I do carry the Entropy if I really need dumpy fade but I flick it more than not. The Envy is basically my straight to fade mid now. It's so HSS that it's easy to get some fade as long as you throw with some hyzer or nose up.

Don't bother, its really simple...

Find a very beat up Wasp, a slightly beat up Wasp and buy a new flat Z Wasp...

Problem solved.

Is there a solution that doesn't involve cycling??? My playing tendencies don't lead well to cycling. My primary driver (proton insanity) has been itb for like 4 years. It's scuffed to heck, but still flies new.

Is there a solution that doesn't involve cycling??? My playing tendencies don't lead well to cycling. My primary driver (proton insanity) has been itb for like 4 years. It's scuffed to heck, but still flies new.

Most companies discs don't have the same geologic timeframe for seasoning that MVP disc seem to have(especially the older ones). You can get a Z Wasp to a more or less neutral flight in less than a year, if you're playing woody courses... or borrow a towel and a chain link fence;):D

If you want to simplify it, you can always go BuzzzSS Buzzz BuzzzOS. They are all fairly similar feeling in the hand. They are all beadles though. If you prefer beaded mids the Wasp cycle is the option for that.

EDIT: Z Wasps do tend to take a bit longer to get from the more or less neutral stage to a flippy stage though, which I why I said to try and find one that is already pretty beat up.

Last edited:
The Buzz OS and SS kinda suck IMO. I'd throw the Malta, Buzzz, and Comet if I were going all Discraft.

Blue Monday, some MVP discs hole #11 IT(Yard) https://imgur.com/gallery/H4Vu42PBlue Monday, some MVP discs hole #11 IT(Yard)

https://imgur.com/gallery/H4Vu42P
H4Vu42P

So I played a little yesterday, got shut down, all three discs on this stupid short hole.. I also did not have a very hot round with the Entropy. It was either a touch more stable than I thought or I over compensated thinking it was more stable than it was.. I did throw one beauty "rocket flick" dead straight with it bust mostly it just f****ed itself and made the Envy miss too.

Last edited:
So I played a little yesterday, got shut down, all three discs on this stupid short hole.. I also did not have a very hot round with the Entropy. It was either a touch more stable than I thought or I over compensated thinking it was more stable than it was.. I did throw one beauty "rocket flick" dead straight with it bust mostly it just f****ed itself and made the Envy miss too.

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish there...:p I tried messing with it but couldn't get anything but this link to work...

Man that's just not fair. You definitely have Mirkwood the Great in your backyard, lol. *jealousyemoji*;)

How many acres of that do you have?

Last edited:
How do you feel the envy compares to the particle, flight wise? I have been contemplating a switch.

Particle has a much more comfortable grip IMO, it's beveled vs Envy rounded (which never felt super secure in my hands). For me this leads to better releases and angle control, and feels very much like my Pures (and the Zone, which is a bit chunkier). I like that it flies better on low lines (for the woods) while it can still be ripped on and aired out. I would say their HSS is equal in Neutron & Soft. I also find Particle is more consistent into a headwind, and overall I find the (slightly) harder fade makes it easier to range.

YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish there...:p I tried messing with it but couldn't get anything but this link to work...

Man that's just not fair. You definitely have Mirkwood the Great in your backyard, lol. *jealousyemoji*;)

How many acres of that do you have?

Yeah I don't know what I'm trying to do.. I guess I should do the pics one at a time.. Last time it worked out all right, kinda new to Imgur. Thanks for taking a shot at fixing it.

Yeah 14 acres that's the hole before the other one I posted. That hanging tonal is a pain.. Scrounged two pars out of it too bad it's a birdie course... that's the deep woods, hasn't really been touched since the 70's.

I have a couple of Ions in the stash. I can throw them okay with a fan grip but any sort of power grip is awkward at best because of the way the inside of the rim curves into the flight plate. It just feels weird. I'm glad they didn't do that with the Envy.

I don't see how anyone throws those, and can't believe both are still being made. And it's not square finger. It's that the finger fits too nicely in the groove and won't come out!

Some of us just have normal fingers lol. Idk, never had a problem with it at all. I throw ions and anodes for almost everything sub 250', putt anodes too. It's perfectly comfy to me.

Some of us just have normal fingers lol. Idk, never had a problem with it at all. I throw ions and anodes for almost everything sub 250', putt anodes too. It's perfectly comfy to me.

I think it is more about the finger length ratio than finger shape. My ring and middle fingers are longer than my pointer. This means that I can ever only get two fingers on the rim of the Ion.

Yes, I have been informed on these threads I have mutant hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts