• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

I used Aim's well-seasoned 167 Neutron Tesla for headwind drives at a breezy ice bowl this weekend. Normally using an untested disc at a tournament is a bad idea, but Tesla does what it does pretty reliably.

The seasoned 167 Neutron seemed to stay straight a little line longer compared with my fresh 157 Protons, but I did not get in enough throws to be sure. Scuffed-up Neutron definitely felt grippier than Proton with 15F temperature and snow on the ground.

Thanks Aim! :)

See, there is some truth to the stuff I post. :D

Glad i was able to find a sub 170g for you. I had 4 other pinks and each scaled at 174g+.. that was the last one I weighed -- happy its found a home! IMO its really not even that used either so give it work!! I have some MVPs which make that thing look beautiful.

I think I am going to just trash one of these to see if it will get flippy. Have some beat ones but they still fly pretty OS.

At least until MVP/Axiom release their new drivers :D

my loose-plate teslas with the dome are the straightest drivers i've ever thrown for the rim width. i'm tempted to put up a wanted thread for low PLH teslas with the loose flight plate and dome, but it's kind of niche. haven't had any luck finding more in the stores. i don't really find myself using them a lot, which is kind of funny since i like them so much, but whatever. i stand by my assertion they are very similar to my seasoned gpd. just straaaaaaaaaaight. a little flip, some fade.

no, you cannot have my "loose" coopers. I hear you for sure but even they don't have that same flight as a beat up star plastic kind of driver, yeeeeee kno? My super beat LE nikko is the same way but its taken well since the first release and MANY throws to even come close to what those were off the shelf (lower PLH too tho so that makes sense) ... ill mash a pair into my garage floor and let you throw them' not going to play anytime soon with this cold coming back lol.

My 3 Neutron Tesla's all have very high PLH and are devoid of any curvature of the wing...and they are overstable as all get out. Matched one of them up to a bud's Tesla on the course, and he was like "oh wow!" My Tesla's have been relegated to exclusively headwind duty, and they shine in that role.

I think I am going to just trash one of these to see if it will get flippy. Have some beat ones but they still fly pretty OS.

At least until MVP/Axiom release their new drivers :D

I literally spent a whole day trashing one - bending it, tomahawking it into the driveway, throwing it down the middle of the street - and it is still beef. Best of luck to ya!

I literally spent a whole day trashing one - bending it, tomahawking it into the driveway, throwing it down the middle of the street - and it is still beef. Best of luck to ya!

Yeah couldn't agree more... if what I had to do to my crave to get it to have some high speed turn is any indicator... well im ready to do some serious damage. If people only witnessed what I have done to a motion in the driveway and it doesn't fly any different. Ill report in! :)

Yeah couldn't agree more... if what I had to do to my crave to get it to have some high speed turn is any indicator... well im ready to do some serious damage. If people only witnessed what I have done to a motion in the driveway and it doesn't fly any different. Ill report in! :)

Film it!

Hmm. Mine have some wear but nothing spectacular and I don't find them to be overly beefy. They're extremely workable for me at around 350' of distance. Super reliable fade that doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but they definitely turn more easily for me now than they did when new.

Look at some sparkle teslas AIM. The one I have isn't table flat like my MikeC neutron, it has a slight bit of shoulder. This gives it more of a new champ wraith kind of flight, has a little wiggle of turn before hooking up hard late. This might give you either a head start on trying to get some flip, or least some glide.

For ****s' same man, I piped hole 8 at Oakwood 4 times today, each time with my softer tesla. It hardly turns whatsoever and it hardly fades. I was within putting range every time, within the same 30' diameter each time upon landing. Probably about 60' out. I can't think of a disc this fast and this straight. It's ridiculous. Maybe 7' total lateral movement.

The Production plasmas better fly like this or I will choke someone.

dont get your hopes up cody. as soon as you count on mvp theyll let you down.

the bigger fan you are the more they'll piss you off.

Been throwing a 168 P for a while, broken in good. I've got a brand new orange N @ 174, with the small orbit stamp. Has a slightly more rounded shoulder and lower PLH, has a bit more glide/drift than the P, and was flipping a good bit in a stout headwind yesterday (20 mph.) It's the only small orbit I have, so who knows but maybe those are worth looking into for a little less beef.

No pretty much standard N orange. It's not crazy different. It kind of just seems a bit pre-seasoned. I should say the 2 Ps I have aren't uber beefy for me either. Dunno if it's me or I just haven't come across a "stout one."

Last edited:
OAT!!!!! :p I wouldn't call them uber beefy in flat/hard neutron plastic but definitely not like the ones that have slight dome/softer with lower PLH. Even my beat up flat ones are not really flying like those are in better condition. It would be cool to see the plasma come out with the dome and stock proton/neutron flat like volts now.