• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

Plasma is an overstable brick and Neutron is better haha. My two plasmas are crazy past Firebird beefy. Make a nice overhand disc. They seem the least Tesla like.

I found a Plasma Tesla at a used shop and got it thinking it would be like a thunderbird. Turns out it was OS as hell so I started using it as such. I recently got a Star Firebird to take its spot. I might do a head to head with them. We will see which one wins out.

I didn't think discs would stray THAT far from the flight chart.

I found a Plasma Tesla at a used shop and got it thinking it would be like a thunderbird. Turns out it was OS as hell so I started using it as such. I recently got a Star Firebird to take its spot. I might do a head to head with them. We will see which one wins out.

I didn't think discs would stray THAT far from the flight chart.

Plasma Teslas are generally FAF and tend to be on the OS side. I use mine like a beat in Firebird. As for Flight Numbers -- they are just a subjective analysis. No company including MVP that molds up every run of their discs to be the exact flight number. But I do agree that compared to other plastics, Plasma (especially the runs that are super FAF and with a high PLH) Teslas are pretty OS. In fact, I really like that about this run because I carry multiple Teslas and either the Plasma or an FX Proton make the bag for my OS duties.

I just started throwing a tesla again. I kind of stopped because it hurt throwing a long flat FH which is what I used the tesla for, but on a whim I started tossing it BH on a windy day and was surprised at how much I liked it. It's a touch more stable than my undertaker and flies further from a standstill for me.

I just started throwing a tesla again. I kind of stopped because it hurt throwing a long flat FH which is what I used the tesla for, but on a whim I started tossing it BH on a windy day and was surprised at how much I liked it. It's a touch more stable than my undertaker and flies further from a standstill for me.

Nice.. I didn't know the undertaker was that stable to begin with.. Then again depends which Tesla you've got.

It's been a real good disc for me so far, has a nice finishing stability and a bit of HSS wiggle room in a stable straight flying way. I can lean on it pretty good for different straight to minimal turn flights and count on it to stable out. At the risk of demeaning my Tesla it is my Switch replacement with a little extra beef and better wind resistance.

Nice.. I didn't know the undertaker was that stable to begin with.. Then again depends which Tesla you've got.

It's been a real good disc for me so far, has a nice finishing stability and a bit of HSS wiggle room in a stable straight flying way. I can lean on it pretty good for different straight to minimal turn flights and count on it to stable out. At the risk of demeaning my Tesla it is my Switch replacement with a little extra beef and better wind resistance.

The undertaker is stable at the power range I'm throwing it. It's one of my standstill throwers, and when I'm standing still, I'm not trying to crush the throw, so my form is more consistent as well. I'm really enjoying the tesla at the moment though.

The thing I'm loving most at my 300' distance ish +++ haha is the capabilities of the Tesla, it's right in my wheelhouse for speed and rim. I can use it as a stable fairway BH or my FH bomber (cuz my FH is still developing), it also fills a distance slot BH and I use it for "touch" wind shots. I can lean on it, bank a mild turn and know it will come back. It has been my longest FH driver or it's buddy the Inertia but that's a different shot shape.

I still like a bigger rim but I'm getting older and smarter.

just bought a misprint. The plastic is semi translucent and has a higher PLH than my fission. Not sure if I got a Plasma or a Neutron, the ebay ad wasn't specific on that detail. Its so flat it feels like my Motion. Any ideas? Haven't thrown it yet.

I have a couple plasma and I don't find them any more OS than my neutrons. My 165g plasma is a sweet OS control disc, very workable and probably the best thumber disc I've tried. I quit bagging Tesla's due to a couple pencil eraser overmolds that got massive gouges after one tree hit.

As a matter of fact, I just put that disc back in the bag and ordered 2 more 164g plasma Teslas since I got a cart and have some extra room. Pics on Marshall Street look like they're clones of my pfn yellow flatty, hope so. As mentioned, it's a great thumber disc, gonna see how it handles FH rollers.

FYI, the pencil eraser overmolds were both on neutron Teslas.

just bought a misprint. The plastic is semi translucent and has a higher PLH than my fission. Not sure if I got a Plasma or a Neutron, the ebay ad wasn't specific on that detail. Its so flat it feels like my Motion. Any ideas? Haven't thrown it yet.

I'm a dummy, it says plasma. In my defense it was covered by the extra misprint stamp.

I love this disc. Initially picked one up on a recommendation when learning to throw a FH, 160g Fission plastic. Super fun disc to flick at low weight and actually flies as expected per flight numbers; some turn with a reliable fade back. After many rounds of use it's straightened out quite a bit, so I picked up a 170g in Plasma plastic. This one flies exactly how described by most people, which is to say much more OS than you'd expect. I originally planned on swapping the new one in, but since they fly so differently I ended up bagging both. IME MVP fairways are hands down the most comfortable discs to throw FH; insanely flat.

I think I'm doing it wrong. I'd rather throw a Buzzz BH and rather a Firebird or Corvette FH. Seems like a killer disc.

I love this disc. Initially picked one up on a recommendation when learning to throw a FH, 160g Fission plastic. Super fun disc to flick at low weight and actually flies as expected per flight numbers; some turn with a reliable fade back. After many rounds of use it's straightened out quite a bit, so I picked up a 170g in Plasma plastic. This one flies exactly how described by most people, which is to say much more OS than you'd expect. I originally planned on swapping the new one in, but since they fly so differently I ended up bagging both. IME MVP fairways are hands down the most comfortable discs to throw FH; insanely flat.

Yeah man, I picked up a fission on a whim since it had a localish club stamp, 164g. My best FH disc bar none. Probably wouldn't have checked it out if it didn't have a pretty stamp. Now I've got a half dozen. Neutron sits between fission and plasma.

I got a 145g fission as well that's real cool for BH.. There's an older dude here in his 70's that gone one too and he added 40' to his drives... compared to his leopard. Probably throwing almost 270+'. He's incredibly happy to get that distance again.

So looking more and more with stacking my bag with tesla's... any idea how beefy and glide less the new plasma's are? Haha my old one is super stable, but now that I think about it maybe I pull it out instead of buying a wrath.

Really dig the old pp pfn fission.. So soft and sexy. New ones are kind of hard and "bonky" .

So looking more and more with stacking my bag with tesla's... any idea how beefy and glide less the new plasma's are? Haha my old one is super stable, but now that I think about it maybe I pull it out instead of buying a wrath.

Really dig the old pp pfn fission.. So soft and sexy. New ones are kind of hard and "bonky" .
My new run Plasma is way less super beef than my PP Plasma. It glides pretty good too. It's OS for sure but much more usable for me.

I played a round yesterday and threw into what had to be a 25+ mph headwind and it cut rolled. A few days before I was relying on its OS to cut a hard left in a new pin position at league.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

My new run Plasma is way less super beef than my PP Plasma. It glides pretty good too. It's OS for sure but much more usable for me.

I played a round yesterday and threw into what had to be a 25+ mph headwind and it cut rolled. A few days before I was relying on its OS to cut a hard left in a new pin position at league.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Thanks! That's kind of what I was worried about. Haha I think I might snag one, I like the idea of the glide.

I pulled out my old meaty plasma, better than I remember but I could see it getting a lot of flex in the wind. I put my neutron 158 back in the bag,

Maybe I should throw the octane or mayhem back in too haha.

Been doing some work with the backup tesla's.. Most particularly the 162 fission (cardboard/fibreglass hybrid). Runner ups are the beat and gummy proton and the 155 pfn plasma.

I still do not love the plasma but it brings the beef. The new now old fission run has grown on me, it's hard but it gives it a good stability. Getting fairly good distance with a tight S. The fission and worn proton will not be headwind resistant. The proton is very likely to straighten out and stretch a long downhill line.

Snagged a 158 white fission tesla from the other coast.. They had one same weight kinda peach colored and streaky so we will see.

Haven't dealt with them before but kinda hoping it's some weird old stock like a PP.. Haha it probably won't be, but there's a slim chance.

First flights tonight with the new fission and new plasma. The plasma is pleasantly less stable than any of them. Most workable out of the box.

The fission is nice fairly soft at room temperature, little harder outside. The plh is higher than the last runs, they are fairly stable. Also flat with a medium shoulder. Not "fireball OS" like one post on FB haha. They definitely hate nose up with a passion unlike any other tesla but if you get em down and get some snap they are less OS than my PP plasma. I was kinda worried haha. They feel familiar to my favourites and that's nice.

I did not throw the neutron yet.

Latest posts