• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Threw a Vector for the first time today - 174 Neutron. I was surprised at how straight it flew. I was expecting some fade at the end but there was none. Liked the flight a lot, and the distance was decent for being in the slush.

Never been a fan of the Neutron Vectors myself, i only throw Eclipse because they seem to start out a little more stable and last that way much longer than neutron. I have not thrown a recent run within the last year though, so who knows.

Flat vs domey you get the difference in LSS. Flat neutrons are straight as a Z buzz really while the ones you like In4d are more "vector"-ish.. I always liked the domey FR's myself which didn't even beat into straight they still had LSS.

Bump for my favorite disc. MVP's second disc is a perfect amalgamation of the Roc and Buzzz and is the most useful disc I've ever bagged.

I don't know why but the Vector is the most difficult to throw disc I have. I rarely get a clean release and turn it over almost every time, even on 50% power throws. Can't dial that grip in. :\

From Discspeed- Bump for my favorite disc. MVP's second disc is a perfect amalgamation of the Roc and Buzzz and is the most useful disc I've ever bagged.

^^^You're Mom's the most useful disc I've ever bagged. :) (Had throw in a Mama joke since it is mother's day weekend)

I don't know why but the Vector is the most difficult to throw disc I have. I rarely get a clean release and turn it over almost every time, even on 50% power throws. Can't dial that grip in. :\

Don't feel bad...Even after a year of throwing Rocs I went back to beadless Buzzzes because OAT would show up unpredictably from time to time (usually into a headwind). It took another year with my FR Vector to get the big bead feel down. FH I'm still hopeless with it. If you are throwing Proton the Neutrons are flatter and have a better grip imo.

Mace, Roc, Comet, Aftershock, Shockwave, Pain, I have no trouble with. It's definitely OAT. Headwinds, even mild, reveal my ineptness with the Vector. I'll keep trying it. I prefer the flight of the beaded type mids. I can't understand why I can rip on a Comet and flub the Vector.

Was out in the field with mine again yesterday. I can really lay into the Vector, and get that straight flight. I can chuck these almost as far as my Amp. I just fits my hand like a glove. I'm gonna have to see how it fares in an actual round one of these days. I'm definitely impressed so far.

My favorite Vector is a flat 174 orange Neutron that I've been throwing since they came out. It is basically a Buzzz with a more dependable (but not more significant) fade and better wind resistance on flat shots. It holds hyzers and pulls out of annies better as well. It's the only other mid I've been able to line drive the same distance as the Buzzz. That seasoned one is probably about -1.5 HSS/2 LSS, where it's brand new brother is like -.5/3.

I love my Vectors. The first one I got is an orange eclipse and I got it shortly after eclipse vectors came out. It is now beat in to a very straight flyer, with wind resistance capabilities still. Amazing disc. Earlier this year I put in the fresh eclipse with the DGCR stamp that was waiting for its spot when the other eventually beat in. Now I have a couple vectors for straight and slightly overstable throws, and a beat first run axis for slight turnovers.

I have the same issues with rocs and wasps. Some discs fit your hand/grip, and some don't.

I have some similar issues with the Vector, but I've lately been working hard with it on fieldwork days. Mines N with mild dome. The bead/dome combo is a problem for me, hence I can't do anything with a standard roc.

I just can't seem to get it out without that early wobble, same with the Roc3, which it reminds me of some.

Obviously that turnover might go away if you magically started releasing the Vector well BUT(!) I recommend a Tensor. It's certainly more overstable than a Vector (as it's supposed to be) but the rim feels very different. It almost feels like a flat 45 degree wedge. Some people hate the feel but I love it and I really think you would not have the same release issues with it. Perhaps a lighter-than-your-Vector Tensor would be a good one to try.

I ended up swapping out my N Vector for a Z Buzzz in the bag because it just feels better in my hand. The Vector and a champ Roc3 I have just aren't getting thrown these days. Axis, Envy, Volt are my bagged MVP discs right now.

No trouble with the Tensor, or any other MVP mid. But I must conquer the Vector or die trying.

No trouble with the Tensor, or any other MVP mid. But I must conquer the Vector or die trying.
I hear you. I couldn't THROW a putter for years (same results you're describing) and then I finally tried a beaded one and I haven't looked back. I wish you luck with the Vector Paul. Your commitment to the mold impresses me :)

I have prevailed. Just kept throwing it on a hyzer angle until I got the hang of it. Then I was able to throw it flat into the wind. Only problem now is it goes too far. :)

After putting the axis back in the bag since only carrying a tangent-- I think the vector is going to win the other mid spot back.

It was the first MVP midrange I ever threw and not sure why I stopped. Axis is great but I miss the LSS and flex shot ability of the vector. The speed of the vector makes it great for throwing longer shots off the tee too.

#Vectorized

Vector is such a useful disc. It gets alot of playing time in my bag. Never looked back. Probably my favorite mid from MVP.

I love the Vector. Even though I've been going with a KC Roc and a Roc3, the Vector is still in the bag. Mine is laser beam straight with the exact same fade at the end every time. Throws the same every time I throw it.

Threw two beautiful back to back ace runs yesterday in 25MPH left to right crosswind on this 400' downhill hole which the vector rode straight the whole flight until the last 50' or so and faded right at the basket. Hell of a mid this is.

867441b9.jpg

Latest posts