• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ticks

Yuck. Not sure what's worse - ticks or scorpions. I guess I'm lucky to live in a place where neither are prevalent.

Last edited:
the ticks were CRAZY bad here last summer...I was picking them off me and the dog more in that one season than I had in the rest of my life combined...

I bet I pulled 20 of them off me up at Highbridge in early June, and that was with several layers of heavy bug spray.

So, you want to know how to deal with ticks and you'll do anything except wear long pants, tuck your pants into your socks, spray PERMETHRIN on the outside of your clothes, or apply DEET?

Stay inside.

Checking yourself for those little deer ticks is not effective enough. I missed one and got Lyme's disease. I'll take all those side effects from the repellents over Lyme's disease any day.

If wearing shorts is worth risking your life, or worse, joint pain so severe you'll never be able to play again, go for it.

Make sure you run to the doctor and start powerful antibiotics every time you feel sick.

Thanks for your non-contribution Steve.

This is a relatively new phenomenon in my area and I was just reaching out for information.

This actually has less to do with DG and more about being out camping with my 2 year old.

Again though, thanks much for taking the time to add some snark to this thread. I agree that it was far too focused and information based.

Can you believe its March and I am pulling ticks off of me already? Pulled two off yesterday after a round, I was in shock.

Yup, they're out there. Most of the population of Utah lives where it's pretty cold though. Scorpions only become more common when you get closer to Arizona. I've never seen one outside of southern Utah personally.

Yup, that was in Southern Utah. Somewhere in or around Canyonlands.

Latest posts